Digital TV News: Cox Media Group
NHL appoints Amagi as FAST channel technology provider
May 8, 2023 – Amagi has announced that the National Hockey League (NHL) has selected the company to create and distribute its first FAST channel to The Roku Channel, and other platforms in the future.
News categories: Amagi, National Hockey League, Srinivasan KA, Chris Foster, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
A+E Networks EMEA expands FAST footprint with Amagi
Apr 20, 2023 – Amagi has partnered with A+E Networks EMEA to distribute three FAST channels in the UK. A+E has deployed Amagi's cloud solutions in the past for playout and channel delivery in Europe.
News categories: Amagi, A+E Networks, Srinivasan KA, Matthew Westrup, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Fuse Media expands FAST distribution with Amagi
Dec 14, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Fuse Media has expanded its partnership with Amagi to launch another channel as they continue to grow their presence in the CTV-led Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) market.
News categories: Amagi, Fuse Media, Srinivasan KA, Cesar Chavez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, USA
Amagi acquires Streamwise
Nov 21, 2022 – Amagi has announced it has acquired Streamwise. Streamwise specializes in automating and standardizing data collection across streaming platforms. The acquisition will help Amagi to enhance its data capabilities.
News categories: Amagi, Streamwise, Baskar Subramanian, Doug Shineman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
QYOU Media India grows reach and revenue with Amagi
Oct 27, 2022 – Amagi has announced that QYOU Media India, which produces and distributes content created by social media and digital content stars, has partnered with Amagi to grow its viewership and ad-based revenue in India.
News categories: Amagi, QYOU Media, Srinivasan KA, Krishna Menon, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Cox Media Group expands digital streaming with Amagi
Apr 22, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Cox Media Group (CMG) has chosen Amagi to power its streaming across connected TV, mobile, web, and distribution as CMG launches a major expansion of its free digital streaming strategy.
News categories: Amagi, Cox Media Group, Srinivasan KA, Marian Pittman, Mark Beck, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Nielsen and Cox Media sign TV and audio measurement agreement
Mar 3, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Cox Media Group have announced a renewal agreement for television and audio measurement services covering Cox Media Group local TV stations in 10 full service television markets and for Cox Media Group local radio stations.
News categories: Nielsen, Cox Media, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Five Atlanta TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 24, 2021 – Television viewers in Atlanta, the seventh-ranked media market in the US, can now experience the future of broadcast television as five local TV stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Meredith, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart