Digital TV News: CraveTV
SaskTel's maxTV Stream combines traditional TV with OTT content
Aug 22, 2018 – SaskTel has announced the launch of maxTV Stream, its next-generation of TV and entertainment. The service combines the best of traditional television with advanced new features and the latest OTT content from Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: SaskTel, Doug Burnett, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
YouTube now streaming on Shaw BlueSky TV
Jun 5, 2018 – Shaw Communications has announced the integration of the YouTube and YouTube Kids apps into its BlueSky TV platform. BlueSky TV subscribers can now enjoy YouTube’s entire library of content without needing to change inputs or remotes.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Chris Kucharski, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Bell Canada launches 500 channel live TV app
May 15, 2017 – Bell Canada has launched Fibe Alt TV, a new way to watch live and on-demand television. With no traditional TV subscription or set-top box required, Alt TV is accessed through the Fibe TV app and offers up to 500 channels.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Shaw makes BlueSky TV available across Western Canada
Apr 5, 2017 – Shaw Communications has announced the availability of Shaw BlueSky TV across Western Canada. With its voice-activated remote and easy-to-use guide Shaw BlueSky TV transforms how customers experience television.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Jay Mehr, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Young Canadians embrace streaming, abandon live TV
Mar 16, 2016 – The way in which Canadians are watching television is changing, with Millennials leading the way in the adoption of streamed content, a new Canada-wide Insights West poll has found.
News categories: Insights West, Mario Canseco, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Bell adds Netflix app to Fibe and FibreOP TV receivers
Dec 14, 2015 – Bell has announced that Bell Fibe TV and Bell Aliant FibreOP TV subscribers can now access their Netflix accounts directly from their existing TV receivers. All Fibe TV receivers have been automatically upgraded to enable quick access to the video streaming service.
News categories: Bell, Netflix, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Bell becomes Canada's largest TV provider
Nov 4, 2015 – Bell has announced that the popularity of Fibe TV has made Bell TV the largest provider of television services in Canada for the first time, with more than 2.7 million TV customers across the country.
News categories: Bell Canada, George Cope, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming, Subscribers
Bell Media's CraveTV to Go OTT on January 1
Jul 13, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that its premium TV streaming service CraveTV will become available direct to all Canadian consumers with access to the internet on January 1, 2016. CraveTV is currently only available to subscribers of participating television providers.
News categories: Bell Media, Mary Ann Turcke, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Sandvine keeps VMedia's subscribers and their streams safe
Jun 24, 2015 – Sandvine (TSX:SVC) has announced that VMedia is using Sandvine's Traffic Management and Network Security products to ensure a high quality of experience for their subscribers. VMedia provides TV, internet and phone services to subscribers in Ontario, Canada.
News categories: Sandvine, VMedia, Alexei Tchernobrivets, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023