Digital TV News: Curiosity
Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
Jan 19, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Plex has joined its content marketplace as a platform partner. As Amagi’s platform partner, Plex gains access to Amagi's network of 2,000+ FAST channels and AVOD libraries from leading content brands.
News categories: Amagi, Plex, Srinivasan KA, Shawn Eldridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
Aug 16, 2022 – Amagi has announced a content distribution agreement with VIDAA. The partnership gives VIDAA users in the Americas, Australia, and the UK access to Amagi's network of FAST channels and AVOD assets.
News categories: Amagi, VIDAA, Guy Edri, Srinivasan KA, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS
Curiosity extends FAST channel distribution to TCL FFalcon
Jun 6, 2022 – Curiosity Inc. has partnered with TCL FFalcon to expand US distribution of Curiosity Now, the company’s FAST channel. Curiosity Now debuted earlier this year with LG and will continue to add new platforms over the coming weeks.
News categories: Curiosity, TCL FFalcon, Bakori Davis, Feiyang Ding, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Crackle Plus expands CTV ad inventory with Amagi
Jun 7, 2022 – Amagi has announced a Connected TV ad inventory agreement with Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE). Amagi's ADS PLUS first-party ad platform supports over 700 content brands on 2,000+ channels, delivering over 50 billion ad impressions.
News categories: Amagi, Crackle, James M. Smith, Philippe Guelton, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Banijay Rights collaborates with Amagi to go FAST
May 25, 2022 – Amagi has announced a partnership with Banijay Rights, the global distribution arm of world-leading independent TV producer Banijay, to drive its Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) strategy worldwide.
News categories: Amagi, Banijay Rights, Srinivasan KA, Shaun Keeble, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Cox Media Group expands digital streaming with Amagi
Apr 22, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Cox Media Group (CMG) has chosen Amagi to power its streaming across connected TV, mobile, web, and distribution as CMG launches a major expansion of its free digital streaming strategy.
News categories: Amagi, Cox Media Group, Srinivasan KA, Marian Pittman, Mark Beck, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi announces VOD orchestration solution for content owners
Apr 12, 2022 – Amagi has announced availability of Amagi ON-DEMAND, its content management solution for orchestrating VOD content workflows. The product offers an 'ingest-once-for-multiple-deliveries' option to content owners.
News categories: Amagi, KA Srinivasan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Starhub adds Curiosity Stream to StarHub TV+
Mar 22, 2022 – StarHub has announced that it is the first entertainment service provider in Southeast Asia to offer its customers access to Curiosity’s streaming service, Curiosity Stream. Curiosity Stream app is the tenth OTT service on StarHub TV+.
News categories: Starhub, Curiosity Stream, Andrew Tan, Bakori Davis, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December