Digital TV News: DISH Media
Cadent launches cross-screen addressable TV marketplace
Jul 13, 2021 – Cadent has launched a cross-screen self-service platform for buyers and sellers of addressable TV advertising. Cadent Aperture Platform provides a marketplace that includes CTV, OTT, and addressable STB inventory.
News categories: Cadent, DISH Media, Nick Troiano, Kevin Arrix, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
Jun 22, 2021 – Several U.S. television distributors and TV brands have announced the formation of Go Addressable, an industry initiative designed to accelerate efforts to deliver scaled, addressable TV.
News categories: Go Addressable, Adam Gerber, Mike Dean, Sean Cunningham, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Comscore expands DISH Media agreement to include Sling TV
Apr 22, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has extended its deal with DISH Media to include Sling TV. The agreement continues to include cross-platform measurement of advanced advertising and content via Comscore TV products.
News categories: Comscore, DISH Media, Sling TV, Bill Livek, Kevin Arrix, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
Jan 14, 2021 – ViacomCBS and DISH Media have announced an industry breakthrough by delivering the first-ever addressable impressions within a live national broadcast via MVPD set-top box.
News categories: ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio, Mike Dean, Tim Myers, Harish Narasimhan, Advertising, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
Dec 3, 2020 – SpotX has announced the release of its '2021 Global Video Advertising Trends' report. The findings aim to help ad tech leaders, marketers, and agencies prioritize their 2021 plans by sharing predictions and trends for the upcoming year.
News categories: SpotX, Mike Shehan, Kelly McMahon, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Nielsen integrates data from DIRECTV and DISH STBs, VIZIO Smart TVs
Nov 10, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it is adding addressable measurement to its National TV currency. Through strategic data integrations, Nielsen will add ~55 million devices across smart TVs and set top boxes to help scale addressable TV.
News categories: Nielsen, Scott Brown, Rick Welday, Kemal Bokhari, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
DISH Media and Verizon Media automate addressable advertising
Aug 31, 2020 – Verizon Media has announced an advanced TV partnership with DISH Media in which Verizon Media’s demand-side platform (DSP) will provide automated access to DISH’s household addressable ad inventory.
News categories: Verizon Media, DISH Media, Kelly Liang, Kevin Arrix, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
DISH Media offers set-top box VOD inventory programmatically
Apr 22, 2020 – DISH Media has made its VOD ads available for purchase programmatically. Now advertisers can bid on this linear inventory through auctions set up with demand-side platforms and deliver ads and receive impressions immediately.
News categories: DISH Media, The Trade Desk, Kevin Arrix, Tim Sims, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
Mar 31, 2020 – VideoAmp has launched the most comprehensive and accurate commingled dataset in the US, boasting 26M households and 37M devices. VideoAmp has partnered with two of the largest Smart TV OEMs and 38 MVPDs for its viewership data.
News categories: VideoAmp, Randy Laughlin, Michael Parkes, Jonathan Steuer, Maggie Zhang, Andrea Palmer, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement