Digital TV News: EchoStar
U.S. STB energy efficiency agreement saves $3.5 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – Consumers have saved $3.5 billion, and more than 20 million metric tons of CO2 emissions have been avoided as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates, according to D+R International.
News categories: CTA, ACEEE, NRDC, NCTA, D+R International, Doug Johnson, Jennifer Amann, Noah Horowitz, Neal Goldberg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Global set-top box market to top $46bn by 2027
Aug 14, 2017 – The set-top box market is anticipated to witness robust growth during 2017-2027. According to Future Market Insights, the APEJ set-top box market is expected to have the highest growth rate over the period.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Savings from U.S. STB energy agreement top $2 billion
Aug 2, 2017 – Consumers saved approximately $941 million in energy costs in 2016 – and almost $2.1 billion over the last four years – as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among U.S. pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates.
News categories: ACEEE, D+R International, Jennifer Thorne Amann, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
DISH pay TV subscribers down 143,000 in 1Q 2017
May 1, 2017 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported first quarter 2017 results. Net Pay-TV subscribers declined approximately 143,000 in the first quarter. DISH includes Sling TV in its pay TV metrics.
News categories: DISH Network, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
DISH acquires DBS and OTT assets from EchoStar
Jan 31, 2017 – DISH Network and EchoStar have announced that they have executed an agreement that will transfer certain EchoStar assets and operations to DISH in exchange for DISH's 80 percent economic interest in Hughes Retail Group.
News categories: DISH Network, EchoStar, Hughes, Erik Carlson, MnA, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
EUTELSAT 117 West B all-electric satellite now in commercial service
Jan 16, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 117 West B satellite has entered into full commercial service and is now ready to support customers across Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Energy efficient STBs saved US consumers $646m in 2015
Aug 9, 2016 – Consumers saved approximately $646 million in energy costs in 2015 as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among U.S. pay-TV providers, consumer technology manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates.
News categories: Natural Resources Defense Council, Noah Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
4K Set-Top Box market to quadruple in 2016
May 18, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that the 4K set-top box market will quadruple from less than two million units in 2015 to more than 7 million in 2016, and then grow by 46% annually through 2021. However, the overall set-top box market is on the decline.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions