Digital TV News: Euroconsult
3,300 satellites to be built & launched over next decade
Nov 12, 2018 – In the commercial space sector, over the next decade, Euroconsult believes about 50 companies will launch around 2,000 satellites. Communications and broadcasting satellites in geostationary orbit will represent almost 50% of the $70 billion in expected commercial revenues.
News categories: Euroconsult, Rachel Villain, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
1,400 satellites to launch over the next decade
Aug 25, 2015 – According to Euroconsult, 140 satellites with launch mass over 50 kg will be launched on average each year over the next decade. The number of satellites is due to grow more than the market value over the decade.
News categories: Euroconsult, Rachel Villain, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Strong growth ahead for Latin America Satcom market
Apr 29, 2015 – According to Euroconsult, total satellite capacity usage in Latin America increased at an 8% CAGR over 2009-2014, driven by growing requirements for satellite pay-TV (+1,600 channels), VSAT services (+50,000 VSATs), trunking and backhaul.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite
11% CAGR expected for satellite capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa
Apr 2, 2015 – According to Euroconsult, overall usage for satellite capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa increased at an 11% CAGR over 2009-2014. Euroconsult further anticipates an 11% CAGR for capacity leased over the next decade.
News categories: Euroconsult, Pacôme Révillon, Africa, Broadband, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite
Emerging markets drive satellite pay-TV growth
Dec 4, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the global satellite pay-TV industry has observed strong growth in the past five years despite an increasingly competitive TV landscape where IPTV, DTT and connected entertainment services have rapidly expanded their reach.
News categories: Euroconsult, Dimitri Buchs, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Modest revenue growth for satellite operators in 2013
Aug 13, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the Fixed Satellite Service industry generated $12.2 billion in revenues in 2013, corresponding to 2% growth over revenues in 2012. 60% of revenue-generating FSS operators experienced a revenue growth slowdown in 2013.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Satcom sector in India to grow at over 6% per year
Jan 23, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, India’s satellite communication sector has experienced significant growth over the past five years driven by explosive demand from DTH pay-TV platforms and growing telecommunication needs in the country.
News categories: Euroconsult, Deepu Krishnan, Content Distribution, India, Market Research, Satellite
DTH TV platforms to pass $100 Billion in revenues this year
Nov 12, 2013 – Euroconsult has announced the release of its yearly reference report on satellite television. The 202 million DTH subscribers in over 100 countries (early in 2013) will result in over $100 billion in revenues this year.
News categories: Euroconsult, Pacôme Révillon, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Government & industry to combine for 1,150 satellites over next decade
Nov 4, 2013 – According to Euroconsult, 115 satellites will be launched on average each year worldwide over the next 10 years (2013-2022), with up to 140 satellites per year expected between 2015 and 2017, decelerating to 100 units afterwards.
News categories: Euroconsult, Rachel Villain, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach