Digital TV News: Euroconsult
3,300 satellites to be built & launched over next decade
Nov 12, 2018 – In the commercial space sector, over the next decade, Euroconsult believes about 50 companies will launch around 2,000 satellites. Communications and broadcasting satellites in geostationary orbit will represent almost 50% of the $70 billion in expected commercial revenues.
News categories: Euroconsult, Rachel Villain, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
1,400 satellites to launch over the next decade
Aug 25, 2015 – According to Euroconsult, 140 satellites with launch mass over 50 kg will be launched on average each year over the next decade. The number of satellites is due to grow more than the market value over the decade.
News categories: Euroconsult, Rachel Villain, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Strong growth ahead for Latin America Satcom market
Apr 29, 2015 – According to Euroconsult, total satellite capacity usage in Latin America increased at an 8% CAGR over 2009-2014, driven by growing requirements for satellite pay-TV (+1,600 channels), VSAT services (+50,000 VSATs), trunking and backhaul.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite
11% CAGR expected for satellite capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa
Apr 2, 2015 – According to Euroconsult, overall usage for satellite capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa increased at an 11% CAGR over 2009-2014. Euroconsult further anticipates an 11% CAGR for capacity leased over the next decade.
News categories: Euroconsult, Pacôme Révillon, Africa, Broadband, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite
Emerging markets drive satellite pay-TV growth
Dec 4, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the global satellite pay-TV industry has observed strong growth in the past five years despite an increasingly competitive TV landscape where IPTV, DTT and connected entertainment services have rapidly expanded their reach.
News categories: Euroconsult, Dimitri Buchs, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Modest revenue growth for satellite operators in 2013
Aug 13, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the Fixed Satellite Service industry generated $12.2 billion in revenues in 2013, corresponding to 2% growth over revenues in 2012. 60% of revenue-generating FSS operators experienced a revenue growth slowdown in 2013.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Satcom sector in India to grow at over 6% per year
Jan 23, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, India’s satellite communication sector has experienced significant growth over the past five years driven by explosive demand from DTH pay-TV platforms and growing telecommunication needs in the country.
News categories: Euroconsult, Deepu Krishnan, Content Distribution, India, Market Research, Satellite
DTH TV platforms to pass $100 Billion in revenues this year
Nov 12, 2013 – Euroconsult has announced the release of its yearly reference report on satellite television. The 202 million DTH subscribers in over 100 countries (early in 2013) will result in over $100 billion in revenues this year.
News categories: Euroconsult, Pacôme Révillon, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Government & industry to combine for 1,150 satellites over next decade
Nov 4, 2013 – According to Euroconsult, 115 satellites will be launched on average each year worldwide over the next 10 years (2013-2022), with up to 140 satellites per year expected between 2015 and 2017, decelerating to 100 units afterwards.
News categories: Euroconsult, Rachel Villain, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product