Digital TV News: Evolution Broadband
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
FCC approves COSHIP CA-integrated cable boxes
Mar 18, 2010 – COSHIP Electronics (Shenzhen:002052) has received approval from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for a waiver of the ban on cable set-top boxes (STBs) with integrated conditional access.
News categories: COSHIP, FCC, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, USA
Avail-TVN Announces First Cable MSO Customer for MPEG-4 Video Services
Feb 22, 2010 – Through an agreement with Evolution Digital, the systems integrator, and provider of Conax conditional access and low cost set-top boxes for the project, Zito Media will deploy Avail-TVN's MPEG-4 solution across 10 cable systems.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Zito Media, Avail-TVN, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital and Conax Awarded Multi-Stream CableCARD™ Qualification
Aug 28, 2009 – Evolution Digital and Conax have partnered to develop a Multi-stream CableCARD™ (M-Card™) specific to the North American cable market and were recently awarded qualification by CableLabs®.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Conax, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
FCC approves more CA-integrated cable boxes
Aug 24, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), Pace (LSE:PIC) and Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) have received approval from the FCC for a waiver of the ban on cable set-top boxes (STBs) with integrated conditional access.
News categories: FCC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, USA
Massillon Goes All-Digital With 'DTAs'
May 9, 2008 – Massillon Cable TV will kick off the final leg of its initiative to phase out analog service using some 100,000 Homecast-manufactured digital-to-analog converters supplied through Evolution Digital.
News categories: Homecast, Evolution Digital, Massillon Cable TV, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform