Digital TV News: Evolution Broadband
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
FCC approves COSHIP CA-integrated cable boxes
Mar 18, 2010 – COSHIP Electronics (Shenzhen:002052) has received approval from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for a waiver of the ban on cable set-top boxes (STBs) with integrated conditional access.
News categories: COSHIP, FCC, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, USA
Avail-TVN Announces First Cable MSO Customer for MPEG-4 Video Services
Feb 22, 2010 – Through an agreement with Evolution Digital, the systems integrator, and provider of Conax conditional access and low cost set-top boxes for the project, Zito Media will deploy Avail-TVN's MPEG-4 solution across 10 cable systems.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Zito Media, Avail-TVN, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital and Conax Awarded Multi-Stream CableCARD™ Qualification
Aug 28, 2009 – Evolution Digital and Conax have partnered to develop a Multi-stream CableCARD™ (M-Card™) specific to the North American cable market and were recently awarded qualification by CableLabs®.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Conax, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
FCC approves more CA-integrated cable boxes
Aug 24, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), Pace (LSE:PIC) and Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) have received approval from the FCC for a waiver of the ban on cable set-top boxes (STBs) with integrated conditional access.
News categories: FCC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, USA
Massillon Goes All-Digital With 'DTAs'
May 9, 2008 – Massillon Cable TV will kick off the final leg of its initiative to phase out analog service using some 100,000 Homecast-manufactured digital-to-analog converters supplied through Evolution Digital.
News categories: Homecast, Evolution Digital, Massillon Cable TV, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029