Digital TV News: Evolution Broadband
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
FCC approves COSHIP CA-integrated cable boxes
Mar 18, 2010 – COSHIP Electronics (Shenzhen:002052) has received approval from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for a waiver of the ban on cable set-top boxes (STBs) with integrated conditional access.
News categories: COSHIP, FCC, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, USA
Avail-TVN Announces First Cable MSO Customer for MPEG-4 Video Services
Feb 22, 2010 – Through an agreement with Evolution Digital, the systems integrator, and provider of Conax conditional access and low cost set-top boxes for the project, Zito Media will deploy Avail-TVN's MPEG-4 solution across 10 cable systems.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Zito Media, Avail-TVN, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital and Conax Awarded Multi-Stream CableCARD™ Qualification
Aug 28, 2009 – Evolution Digital and Conax have partnered to develop a Multi-stream CableCARD™ (M-Card™) specific to the North American cable market and were recently awarded qualification by CableLabs®.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Conax, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
FCC approves more CA-integrated cable boxes
Aug 24, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), Pace (LSE:PIC) and Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) have received approval from the FCC for a waiver of the ban on cable set-top boxes (STBs) with integrated conditional access.
News categories: FCC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, USA
Massillon Goes All-Digital With 'DTAs'
May 9, 2008 – Massillon Cable TV will kick off the final leg of its initiative to phase out analog service using some 100,000 Homecast-manufactured digital-to-analog converters supplied through Evolution Digital.
News categories: Homecast, Evolution Digital, Massillon Cable TV, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5