Digital TV News: ExpressPlay
Intertrust and Sofia Digital partner to enable direct-to-Smart TV for operators
Sep 10, 2022 – Combining Sofia Digital's HbbTV Application with Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA, operators can build their broadcast and OTT TV services directly on smart TVs, avoiding the costly set-top box.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Sofia Digital, Manas Matti, Juho Mäyränpää, Conditional Access, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG Smart TVs to incorporate Intertrust ExpressPlay conditional access
Sep 6, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) and Intertrust have announced that LG Smart TVs will be Intertrust ExpressPlay XCA-enabled. LG’s XCA enabled TVs will support operators in Germany starting in 2023.
News categories: ExpressPlay, HD+, LG Electronics, Manas Matti, Alexander Sacher, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2023, Smart TV
Intertrust and Jscrambler partner on application security for streaming platforms
News categories: Intertrust, Jscrambler, Ali Hodjat, Carlos Rocha Gonçalves, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Converged broadcast and streaming services to become mainstream
Feb 3, 2022 – Intertrust has released a report revealing broadcast TV will continue to be viable for the foreseeable future, despite the growth of streaming, and suggests the video industry will evolve to a hybrid approach, where linear broadcasting coexists alongside VOD and live streaming.
News categories: Intertrust, Manas Mati, Tim Siglin, Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
Dec 7, 2021 – Intertrust ExpressPlay has announced that its ExpressPlay XCA content security solution has joined the Vewd Operator TV ecosystem. Pay TV operators now have a complete Smart TV platform on which to offer secure broadcast and OTT services via their own UX.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Vewd, Ali Hodjat, Marco Frattolin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
VIDAA and Intertrust partner to secure broadcasting direct-to-TV
Nov 17, 2021 – VIDAA and Intertrust have announced the availability of Hisense smart TVs preloaded with Intertrust's content security for broadcast TV protection. The solution enables secure direct-to-TV broadcasting without the need for STBs or CAMs.
News categories: Intertrust, VIDAA, Kenny Huang, Guy Edri, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ExpressPlay DRM integrated with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 8, 2021 – Intertrust ExpressPlay has announced that it has completed validation testing and supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in ExpressPlay multi-DRM cloud service.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Ali Hodjat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
Jun 8, 2021 – Intertrust and Sky New Zealand have announced that Sky New Zealand will use Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to help protect Sky New Zealand’s Sky Go, an OTT video service.
News categories: Intertrust, Sky New Zealand, Ali Hodjat, Jonny Errington, Digital TV, DRM, New Zealand, TV Everywhere
Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
Jan 12, 2021 – Intertrust has announced that Cellnex Telecom will use its ExpressPlay DRM cloud service to protect Cellnex' LOVEStv, an HbbTV platform combining over-the-air TV with OTT streaming for broadcasters in Spain.
News categories: Intertrust, Cellnex, Ali Hodjat, Xavi Redón, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Spain, Terrestrial
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward