Digital TV News: FPT
FPT Play delivers Android TV service with Viaccess-Orca
Apr 11, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that FPT Play in Vietnam is using a Widevine CAS solution powered by VO for IPTV streams in its latest Android TV hybrid OTT/IPTV set-top box.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Widevine, FPT Play, Brian Baker, Le Trong Duc, Android TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Vietnam
83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
Nov 18, 2022 – Parks Associates research finds that 83% of US internet households now subscribe to at least one OTT service, while 45% still subscribe to the traditional linear pay-TV service model.
News categories: Parks Associates, FPT Software, Sarah Lee, Ira Dworkin, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
SEI and Amlogic develop Android TV set-top-box for FTP in Vietnam
Nov 9, 2022 – SEI Robotics and Amlogic have cooperated to roll out the 4K Android TV IPTV/OTT set-top-box for FPT. The box runs on an Amlogic S905Y4 chipset and supports on-demand and linear broadcasting for the Vietnam market.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Amlogic, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Vietnam
OTT players in SE Asia announce support for Unified ID 2.0
Dec 9, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that the Unified ID 2.0 initiative has expanded into SE Asia with its adoption by leading OTT platforms in the region. Unified ID 2.0 is a privacy-conscious identifier built from hashed and encrypted email addresses.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Bihao Pan, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
Nov 19, 2019 – ATEME has announced that FPT Play has implemented ATEME’s TITAN solution to replace its OTT headend and to offer the latest OTT services to its viewers across Vietnam. FPT Play had already adopted ATEME’s live event encoder for OTT.
News categories: ATEME, FPT Play, Nguyen Duc Long, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Vietnam
Telaria partners with ABS-CBN in the Philippines
Sep 4, 2019 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) has announced that ABS-CBN will use Telaria’s Video Management Platform (VMP) to manage and monetize their OTT video inventory across all screens. Telaria now works with all the major Southeast Asian OTT video platforms.
News categories: Telaria, ABS-CBN, Kevin Smyth, Daniel Lawrense M. Dadulla, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
Mar 19, 2019 – FPT has launched FPT play box+, Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device. FPT Play Box+ has an intuitive user interface, built on Android TV P, with personalized program recommendations based on family members' preferences.
News categories: SDMC, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Vietnam
FPT Television selects Telaria for connected TV video ad management
Dec 3, 2018 – FPT Television has announced that it has selected Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) as its preferred Video Management Platform for monetizing and managing connected TV supply. FPT Television provides IPTV to more than one million households in Vietnam.
News categories: Telaria, FPT Television, Kevin Smyth, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
Vietnam's FPT Telecom selects ATEME encoders
May 24, 2016 – ATEME has announced that it is providing its Kyrion encoders to drive 70 major content channels for Vietnam's FPT Telecom. The encoders will be deployed on the premises of content providers where they will encode content and stream it back to FPT operations centres.
News categories: ATEME, FPT Telecom, Emmanuel Boureau, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Content Distribution, Vietnam
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media