Digital TV News: FPT
FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
Nov 19, 2019 – ATEME has announced that FPT Play has implemented ATEME’s TITAN solution to replace its OTT headend and to offer the latest OTT services to its viewers across Vietnam. FPT Play had already adopted ATEME’s live event encoder for OTT.
News categories: ATEME, FPT Play, Nguyen Duc Long, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
Telaria partners with ABS-CBN in the Philippines
Sep 4, 2019 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) has announced that ABS-CBN will use Telaria’s Video Management Platform (VMP) to manage and monetize their OTT video inventory across all screens. Telaria now works with all the major Southeast Asian OTT video platforms.
News categories: Telaria, ABS-CBN, Kevin Smyth, Daniel Lawrense M. Dadulla, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
Mar 19, 2019 – FPT has launched FPT play box+, Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device. FPT Play Box+ has an intuitive user interface, built on Android TV P, with personalized program recommendations based on family members' preferences.
News categories: SDMC, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Vietnam
FPT Television selects Telaria for connected TV video ad management
Dec 3, 2018 – FPT Television has announced that it has selected Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) as its preferred Video Management Platform for monetizing and managing connected TV supply. FPT Television provides IPTV to more than one million households in Vietnam.
News categories: Telaria, FPT Television, Kevin Smyth, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
Vietnam's FPT Telecom selects ATEME encoders
May 24, 2016 – ATEME has announced that it is providing its Kyrion encoders to drive 70 major content channels for Vietnam's FPT Telecom. The encoders will be deployed on the premises of content providers where they will encode content and stream it back to FPT operations centres.
News categories: ATEME, FPT Telecom, Emmanuel Boureau, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Content Distribution, Vietnam
Broadpeak powers VTVcab OTT multiscreen services in Vietnam
May 24, 2016 – Broadpeak has announced that VTVcab, the largest pay-TV operator in Vietnam, has deployed a wide array of Broadpeak solutions to power its new OTT multiscreen services. Broadpeak's local partner TDG and FPT Information System provided system integration services.
News categories: Broadpeak, VTVcab, Jacques Le Mancq, Nam Bui Huy, Content Distribution, Mobile, OTT, Vietnam
Vietnam's FPT Telecom chooses Thomson encoders for IPTV and OTT service
May 29, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that Vietnam's FPT Telecom has deployed its ViBE VS7000 multi-screen and HEVC encoding system to drive the upcoming release of its IPTV and FPT Play app, the company’s IPTV and OTT video service.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, FPT Telecom, Tony Berthaud, Vu Anh Tu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Vietnam
Samsung TV prices fell 13% in 1H 2014
Aug 20, 2014 – Although Samsung is a leader in the growing Ultra HD (UHD) TV segment, average selling prices (ASPs) for Samsung TVs fell 13 percent in the first half of 2014 compared to the previous year according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung, Vizio control U.S. Smart TV market
Mar 10, 2014 – The majority of Smart TV shipments in the United States were fulfilled by Samsung and Vizio Flat Panel TVs (FPTV) in Q4 2013, according to the latest Strategy Analytics research.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product