Digital TV News: Fastcom
Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
Sep 14, 2021 – Fastcom has announced that Telefónica is using its MCAS solution to securely sign software images for installation on its Proteus set-top-boxes. MCAS is a managed service, available 24/7, from Fastcom.
News categories: Fastcom, Telefónica, Dr. Fabrice Moscheni, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Software, Spain
Foxtel selects FASTCOM for multi-vendor security of its iQ3 STB
Sep 5, 2017 – FOXTEL has selected FASTCOM’s MCAS solution for ensuring the licensing authority services of its multi-CA iQ3 set-top-box. The box is manufactured by Arris based on a Broadcom chipset.
News categories: FASTCOM, Foxtel, Stephen Joyce, Australia, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
NEOTION and FASTCOM team up to offer World first CPCM experience in a generic TV-centric Home Network
Sep 12, 2008 – NEOTION and FASTCOM have announced the first CI+/CPCM module combination providing a content protected seamless bridge between networked TV sets and PCs around the Home.
News categories: NEOTION, FASTCOM, Content Protection, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Content Mangement Specification Gets Debut at IBC
Sep 7, 2007 – The publication of the latest revision to DVB BlueBook A094 - Content Protection & Copy Management (DVB-CPCM) in August, along with the first ever public demonstration of aspects of DVB-CPCM at this year's IBC, signals a second major milestone in the work of the DVB on a specification for persistent protection of commercial content in consumer digital products and home networks.
News categories: Content Protection, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK