Digital TV News: Flixster
Fandango launches on-demand video service, FandangoNOW
Mar 16, 2016 – Fandango has announced the launch of FandangoNOW, the company’s premium on-demand video service, offering a library of movies and TV shows for purchase and rental on a wide variety of connected, OTT and mobile devices.
News categories: Fandango, Paul Yanover, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
UltraViolet Attracts More Than 750,000 Households in First Three Months
Jan 11, 2012 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has provided an update on the roll-out of UltraViolet™. Following the launch of an initial 19 UltraViolet-enabled titles, more than 750,000 households have registered with UltraViolet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Blu-ray, CES2023, Content Protection, DVD, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Related Content Database Supports Development of Flixster Application to Samsung Smart TVs
Jan 11, 2012 – Related Content Database (RCDb) has announced its participation in the development of a 'disc to digital' application for Flixster. The disc to digital feature allows consumers to add their existing DVD libraries to their UltraViolet digital library.
News categories: Related Content Database, Flixster, Samsung, Apps, Content Protection, DVD, Smart TV, Streaming
Samsung to Bring 'Disc to Digital' Feature to Smart Blu-ray™ Players in 2012
Jan 10, 2012 – Samsung has announced plans for a 'Disc to Digital' feature on Samsung Smart Blu-ray players. Disc to Digital allows consumers to add their existing Blu-ray and DVD libraries to their UltraViolet digital library -- making them viewable on a wide range of devices.
News categories: Samsung, Flixster, Rovi Corp, Apps, Blu-ray, CES2023, Content Protection, Streaming
Samsung Moment™ Mobile Phone to Demonstrate Mobile Digital TV at International CES 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Samsung have announced that Samsung Moment™ will display a mobile phone demonstration of the North American mobile digital TV broadcasting standard during International CES 2010 in Las Vegas on January 7 - 10, 2010.
News categories: Samsung, Sprint, CES2023, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Rovi (Macrovision) Launches 'Liquid' Digital Media Guide
Jul 16, 2009 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI), formerly Macrovision, has unveiled a new media guide, codenamed 'Liquid,' capable of connecting consumers to entertainment content on the internet, stored at home, or broadcast, with a single user interface.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV