Digital TV News: Freeview Australia
Switch Media provides technology for Freeview Australia HbbTV service
Apr 29, 2021 – Switch Media has announced that it has delivered Freeview Australia's new integrated HbbTV service. The new gateway provides viewers with a sophisticated and seamless integration between broadcast and VOD services.
News categories: Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Matt Moran, Bridget Fair, Apps, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
Jun 19, 2019 – Switch Media adds Bitmovin Video Player to its MediaHQ product suite. The first product to market using the Bitmovin Player technology is Freeview Australia’s Freeview FV Web which gives viewers access to TV using their online browser.
News categories: Bitmovin, Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Stefan Lederer, Luke Durham, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
FreeviewPlus doubles Australian penetration in less than 12 months
Dec 13, 2016 – Freeview Australia’s hybrid TV service FreeviewPlus has notched up strong growth in 2016, with the most recent figures showing household penetration has risen to 20% – double the figure released earlier this year.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Sony and LG release FreeviewPlus receivers
Sep 2, 2014 – A new era in Australian free-to-air TV has begun with the launch of FreeviewPlus, the new service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Massive Interactive delivers HbbTV-based service for Australia's FreeviewPlus
Apr 9, 2014 – Massive Interactive (OTCQB: HUGE) has announced that it has delivered the first HbbTV based service in Australia for FreeviewPlus. FreeviewPlus will be available through new connected receivers carrying the FreeviewPlus logo.
News categories: Massive Interactive, FreeviewPlus, Liz Ross, Max Ramsay, Australia, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Terrestrial
FreeviewPlus catch-up TV announced for Australia
Nov 11, 2013 – Freeview Australia has announced plans to unveil an advanced free-to-air EPG service, FreeviewPlus, in the first half of 2014. FreeviewPlus service will include a new, user-friendly EPG and, for the first time, will seamlessly deliver catch up content on TV screens.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Digisoft.tv integrates MHEG from S&T
Dec 5, 2012 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of RedKey, the MHEG 5 engine from S&T, into its set-top box middleware stack, Iris. The company will offer MHEG, including interaction channel components, as a standard part of its DVB offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Strategy & Technology, MHEG-5, Middleware
Freeview Australia hosts receiver launch event
Oct 12, 2010 – In what Freeview Australia is calling a 'major milestone in the development of free digital TV in Australia', the full range of initial reception equipment was launched in early October at an event in Sydney.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Australia, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Freeview Australia MHEG EPG goes live with S&T and Magna Systems
Jul 1, 2010 – S&T and Magna Systems have announced that the Freeview Australia EPG is a customised version of S&T's MHEG Guide product and will be available on all 'Freeview EPG' branded receivers that go on sale in Australia from July 2010.
News categories: S&T, Magna Systems, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars