Digital TV News: Globe Telecom
Globe and iflix establish partnership in the Philippines
Nov 15, 2018 – iflix and the Philippines number one mobile brand, Globe Telecom, have announced a strategic partnership. The alliance will focus on three main business areas: distribution, co-production and content licensing.
News categories: iflix, Globe Telecom, Mark Britt, Ernest Cu, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Roku to power Globe Streamwatch player in the Philippines
Oct 24, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and Globe Telecom have announced the signing of a licensing agreement allowing Globe to use Roku's streaming platform to deliver video services to its customers. Globe will launch the Streamwatch player in the Philippines by November this year.
News categories: Roku, Globe Telecom, Andrew Ferrone, Martha Sazon, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Globe Telecom first with Netflix in the Philippines
Jun 27, 2016 – Globe Telecom has announced that it is the first mobile and broadband Philippine partner of Netflix. Netflix will be available to Globe customers via their mobile or broadband service.
News categories: Globe Telecom, Netflix, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Globe to offer HOOQ OTT in the Philippines
Feb 6, 2015 – Philippines' telecommunications service provider, Globe Telecom (PSE: GLO), has announced that it will offer video-on-demand to its customers in partnership with HOOQ, the recently announced multiscreen OTT service from Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros.
News categories: Globe Telecom, HOOQ, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros. establish OTT JV for Asia
Jan 30, 2015 – Singtel, Sony Pictures Television and Warner Bros. Entertainment have established HOOQ, a joint venture start-up, to offer a regional over-the-top (OTT) video service in Asia. HOOQ will deliver both Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes.
News categories: Singtel, Sony Pictures Television, Warner Bros, HOOQ, Jonathan Auerbach, George Chien, Thomas Gewecke, Peter G. Bithos, Asia, Digital TV, OTT
Mobile TV is on the air in the Philippines with service built on NMS Communications' technology
Apr 30, 2008 – The Philippines' second-largest mobile operator, Globe Telecom, is offering Mobile TV on 3G, enabling users to watch their favorite live or made-for-mobile TV programs when and where they want.
News categories: NMS Communications, Globe Telecom, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020