Digital TV News: Globe Telecom
Globe and iflix establish partnership in the Philippines
Nov 15, 2018 – iflix and the Philippines number one mobile brand, Globe Telecom, have announced a strategic partnership. The alliance will focus on three main business areas: distribution, co-production and content licensing.
News categories: iflix, Globe Telecom, Mark Britt, Ernest Cu, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Roku to power Globe Streamwatch player in the Philippines
Oct 24, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and Globe Telecom have announced the signing of a licensing agreement allowing Globe to use Roku's streaming platform to deliver video services to its customers. Globe will launch the Streamwatch player in the Philippines by November this year.
News categories: Roku, Globe Telecom, Andrew Ferrone, Martha Sazon, Digital TV, Philippines, Set Top Box, Streaming
Globe Telecom first with Netflix in the Philippines
Jun 27, 2016 – Globe Telecom has announced that it is the first mobile and broadband Philippine partner of Netflix. Netflix will be available to Globe customers via their mobile or broadband service.
News categories: Globe Telecom, Netflix, Mobile, Philippines, Streaming
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Globe to offer HOOQ OTT in the Philippines
Feb 6, 2015 – Philippines' telecommunications service provider, Globe Telecom (PSE: GLO), has announced that it will offer video-on-demand to its customers in partnership with HOOQ, the recently announced multiscreen OTT service from Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros.
News categories: Globe Telecom, HOOQ, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines, Streaming
Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros. establish OTT JV for Asia
Jan 30, 2015 – Singtel, Sony Pictures Television and Warner Bros. Entertainment have established HOOQ, a joint venture start-up, to offer a regional over-the-top (OTT) video service in Asia. HOOQ will deliver both Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes.
News categories: Singtel, Sony Pictures Television, Warner Bros, HOOQ, Jonathan Auerbach, George Chien, Thomas Gewecke, Peter G. Bithos, Asia, Digital TV, Streaming
Mobile TV is on the air in the Philippines with service built on NMS Communications' technology
Apr 30, 2008 – The Philippines' second-largest mobile operator, Globe Telecom, is offering Mobile TV on 3G, enabling users to watch their favorite live or made-for-mobile TV programs when and where they want.
News categories: NMS Communications, Globe Telecom, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues