Digital TV News: Globe Telecom
Globe and iflix establish partnership in the Philippines
Nov 15, 2018 – iflix and the Philippines number one mobile brand, Globe Telecom, have announced a strategic partnership. The alliance will focus on three main business areas: distribution, co-production and content licensing.
News categories: iflix, Globe Telecom, Mark Britt, Ernest Cu, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Roku to power Globe Streamwatch player in the Philippines
Oct 24, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and Globe Telecom have announced the signing of a licensing agreement allowing Globe to use Roku's streaming platform to deliver video services to its customers. Globe will launch the Streamwatch player in the Philippines by November this year.
News categories: Roku, Globe Telecom, Andrew Ferrone, Martha Sazon, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Globe Telecom first with Netflix in the Philippines
Jun 27, 2016 – Globe Telecom has announced that it is the first mobile and broadband Philippine partner of Netflix. Netflix will be available to Globe customers via their mobile or broadband service.
News categories: Globe Telecom, Netflix, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
Globe to offer HOOQ OTT in the Philippines
Feb 6, 2015 – Philippines' telecommunications service provider, Globe Telecom (PSE: GLO), has announced that it will offer video-on-demand to its customers in partnership with HOOQ, the recently announced multiscreen OTT service from Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros.
News categories: Globe Telecom, HOOQ, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros. establish OTT JV for Asia
Jan 30, 2015 – Singtel, Sony Pictures Television and Warner Bros. Entertainment have established HOOQ, a joint venture start-up, to offer a regional over-the-top (OTT) video service in Asia. HOOQ will deliver both Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes.
News categories: Singtel, Sony Pictures Television, Warner Bros, HOOQ, Jonathan Auerbach, George Chien, Thomas Gewecke, Peter G. Bithos, Asia, Digital TV, OTT
Mobile TV is on the air in the Philippines with service built on NMS Communications' technology
Apr 30, 2008 – The Philippines' second-largest mobile operator, Globe Telecom, is offering Mobile TV on 3G, enabling users to watch their favorite live or made-for-mobile TV programs when and where they want.
News categories: NMS Communications, Globe Telecom, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020