Digital TV News: Globe Telecom
Globe and iflix establish partnership in the Philippines
Nov 15, 2018 – iflix and the Philippines number one mobile brand, Globe Telecom, have announced a strategic partnership. The alliance will focus on three main business areas: distribution, co-production and content licensing.
News categories: iflix, Globe Telecom, Mark Britt, Ernest Cu, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Roku to power Globe Streamwatch player in the Philippines
Oct 24, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and Globe Telecom have announced the signing of a licensing agreement allowing Globe to use Roku's streaming platform to deliver video services to its customers. Globe will launch the Streamwatch player in the Philippines by November this year.
News categories: Roku, Globe Telecom, Andrew Ferrone, Martha Sazon, Digital TV, Philippines, Set Top Box, Streaming
Globe Telecom first with Netflix in the Philippines
Jun 27, 2016 – Globe Telecom has announced that it is the first mobile and broadband Philippine partner of Netflix. Netflix will be available to Globe customers via their mobile or broadband service.
News categories: Globe Telecom, Netflix, Mobile, Philippines, Streaming
GLOBE to offer ASTRO's Tribe OTT in the Philippines
Apr 28, 2016 – Astro Malaysia and GLOBE Telecom have agreed to work together to offer Tribe over-the-top (OTT) video services in the Philippines. Both parties will also collaborate on content opportunities.
News categories: GLOBE Telecom, Astro Malaysia, Albert de Larrazabal, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
Globe to offer HOOQ OTT in the Philippines
Feb 6, 2015 – Philippines' telecommunications service provider, Globe Telecom (PSE: GLO), has announced that it will offer video-on-demand to its customers in partnership with HOOQ, the recently announced multiscreen OTT service from Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros.
News categories: Globe Telecom, HOOQ, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines, Streaming
Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros. establish OTT JV for Asia
Jan 30, 2015 – Singtel, Sony Pictures Television and Warner Bros. Entertainment have established HOOQ, a joint venture start-up, to offer a regional over-the-top (OTT) video service in Asia. HOOQ will deliver both Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes.
News categories: Singtel, Sony Pictures Television, Warner Bros, HOOQ, Jonathan Auerbach, George Chien, Thomas Gewecke, Peter G. Bithos, Asia, Digital TV, Streaming
Mobile TV is on the air in the Philippines with service built on NMS Communications' technology
Apr 30, 2008 – The Philippines' second-largest mobile operator, Globe Telecom, is offering Mobile TV on 3G, enabling users to watch their favorite live or made-for-mobile TV programs when and where they want.
News categories: NMS Communications, Globe Telecom, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, Philippines
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver
- HBO Nordic adds 635,000 subscribers following Max launch
- Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM