Digital TV News: Globo
Latin American AVOD and SVOD revenues to each grow $3bn by 2028
Mar 6, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV revenues in Latin America will increase by $7 billion between 2022 and 2028 to reach $16 billion, with AVOD and SVOD each adding $3 billion over the period.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
V-Nova and Globo show benefits of MPEG-5 LCEVC at 2023 Carnival in Brazil
Mar 1, 2023 – V-Nova has collaborated with Globo Mediatech Lab in the delivery of an LCEVC-enhanced stream for the 2023 Carnival in Brazil to demonstrate the benefits of MPEG-5 LCEVC in live streaming applications.
News categories: V-Nova, MainConcept, Globo, Guido Meardi, Deacon Johnson, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2022, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
ZEASN introduces Whale OS Turnkey 2.0 Smart TV solution on Novatek SoCs
Jan 11, 2022 – ZEASN has released Whale OS Turnkey 2.0. Built on ZEASN’s Whale OS, the turnkey Smart TV solution offers a customized UI, the most requested advanced smart TV features, and brings the native app experience to TV viewers.
News categories: ZEASN, Novatek, Raymond Chung, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Globoplay app for Philips and AOC TVs via partnership with ZEASN
Nov 2, 2021 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Globo. As part of the deal, the biggest Brazilian streaming service, Globoplay, has been made available via a native solution on the latest Philips and AOC smart TVs.
News categories: ZEASN, TPV, Globo, Jason He, Eduardo Brunoro, Fernando Ramos, Apps, Brazil, Smart TV, Streaming
Roku extends TV agreement with TCL to Brazil
Sep 30, 2021 – SEMP TCL has extended its partnership with Roku to bring TCL Roku TV models to Brazil later this year, while also introducing a new lineup of SEMP Roku TV models in the country this week.
News categories: Roku, SEMP TCL, Arthur van Rest, João Rezende, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
Apr 20, 2021 – Bitmovin has raised $25 million in Series C financing. The company will use the investment to drive the continued expansion of its product innovation and technology leadership in the streaming space.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Fergal Mullen, Stefan Kuentz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
Mar 3, 2021 – According to Dataxis, growth in OTT pay TV remains slow in Latin America. At end of 2020, the technology represents almost 1.3 million subscribers; barely 2% of the pay TV market.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
Jan 14, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Philco have announced a partnership that will bring the Philco Roku TV models to consumers in Brazil. The new Philco Roku TV models run the latest Roku operating system.
News categories: Roku, Philco, Arthur van Rest, Cristiane Clausen, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania