Digital TV News: Graham Media
NEXTGEN TV 'Motown 3.0 Test Track' launched in Detroit
Dec 10, 2020 – Five local TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV in Detroit. The broadcast advance signals the beginning of another project – the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' for merging automotive applications with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
Sep 24, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a renewal agreement with Graham Media Group. Under the agreement, Comscore will provide continued local TV and digital measurement across Graham Media's station footprint.
News categories: Comscore, Graham Media, Steve Walsh, Emily Barr, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
May 15, 2019 – WMYD (NASDAQ: SSP) plans to launch Next-Gen TV in Detroit in a collaborative effort that will also involve Graham Media and other local broadcasters. The launch provides an opportunity for the automotive industry to have an in-market test bed for the new platform.
News categories: Scripps, Graham Media, Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, Emily L. Barr, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
ATSC 3.0 test suite launched by Eurofins
Mar 27, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will be showcasing a new conformance test suite at NAB. Arreios for ATSC 3.0 enables the certification and testing of ATSC 3.0 features via a suite of automated test tools.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Johan Craeybeckx, Lynn Claudy, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Calkins Digital OTT and mobile apps to integrate comScore audience data
May 17, 2017 – Calkins Digital has announced that it is working with comScore to streamline the integration of verified third-party audience measurement data on OTT platforms, a critical step in the process of local media owners’ monetization of their content and audience across their digital platforms.
News categories: Calkins Digital, comScore, Yancey Douris, Guy Tasaka, Steve Walsh, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES