Digital TV News: Graham Media
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, USA
WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
May 15, 2019 – WMYD (NASDAQ: SSP) plans to launch Next-Gen TV in Detroit in a collaborative effort that will also involve Graham Media and other local broadcasters. The launch provides an opportunity for the automotive industry to have an in-market test bed for the new platform.
News categories: Scripps, Graham Media, Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, Emily L. Barr, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
ATSC 3.0 test suite launched by Eurofins
Mar 27, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will be showcasing a new conformance test suite at NAB. Arreios for ATSC 3.0 enables the certification and testing of ATSC 3.0 features via a suite of automated test tools.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Johan Craeybeckx, Lynn Claudy, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Calkins Digital OTT and mobile apps to integrate comScore audience data
May 17, 2017 – Calkins Digital has announced that it is working with comScore to streamline the integration of verified third-party audience measurement data on OTT platforms, a critical step in the process of local media owners’ monetization of their content and audience across their digital platforms.
News categories: Calkins Digital, comScore, Yancey Douris, Guy Tasaka, Steve Walsh, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers