Digital TV News: Graham Media
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC, Digital TV, USA
WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
May 15, 2019 – WMYD (NASDAQ: SSP) plans to launch Next-Gen TV in Detroit in a collaborative effort that will also involve Graham Media and other local broadcasters. The launch provides an opportunity for the automotive industry to have an in-market test bed for the new platform.
News categories: Scripps, Graham Media, Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, Emily L. Barr, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
ATSC 3.0 test suite launched by Eurofins
Mar 27, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will be showcasing a new conformance test suite at NAB. Arreios for ATSC 3.0 enables the certification and testing of ATSC 3.0 features via a suite of automated test tools.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Johan Craeybeckx, Lynn Claudy, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Calkins Digital OTT and mobile apps to integrate comScore audience data
May 17, 2017 – Calkins Digital has announced that it is working with comScore to streamline the integration of verified third-party audience measurement data on OTT platforms, a critical step in the process of local media owners’ monetization of their content and audience across their digital platforms.
News categories: Calkins Digital, comScore, Yancey Douris, Guy Tasaka, Steve Walsh, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
- Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
- Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
- RDK now on more than 60 million devices
- Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
- COVID-19 to have significant effect on the semiconductor market
- TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software