Digital TV News: HGI
Home Gateway Initiative makes specifications public prior to closure
Jun 28, 2016 – The Home Gateway Initiative (HGI), which has been the world’s leading organisation setting requirements for the broadband-connected Home Gateway since 2005, has confirmed it will cease operations as planned on Thursday, June 30, but will make its work available on a new archive website.
News categories: Home Gateway Initiative, David Thorne, Duncan Bees, Luca Giacomello, Digital TV, Gateway, Worldwide
Home Gateway Initiative transfers smart home requirements to ETSI
Apr 21, 2016 – ETSI and the Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) have announced that HGI will transfer three of its published requirements specifications to ETSI, where they will be handled, adapted and maintained by ETSI’s SmartM2M Technical Committee.
News categories: ETSI, Home Gateway Initiative, Enrico Scarrone, Luca Giacomello, Gateway, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
HGI sets requirements for home network devices
Aug 24, 2015 – The Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) has announced that it has published new requirements for home network devices. The new document extends the current Quality of Service (QoS) architecture already published by HGI, to cover the entire home network.
News categories: HGI, Duncan Bees, Gateway, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Home Gateway Initiative to close in 2016
Jun 29, 2015 – The Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) has announced that it plans to complete its current work by mid-2016 and bring the organisation to a close. Following the end of the organisation, the requirements documents created by HGI will remain available to the industry.
News categories: Home Gateway Initiative, Luca Giacomello, Duncan Bees, Gateway, Middleware, Worldwide
HGI sets out business requirements for media gateway
Jul 28, 2014 – HGI has today set out high-level Broadband Service Provider (BSP) business requirements for a Media Gateway as it continues in its quest to build a technology-agnostic smart home ecosystem.
News categories: HGI, Duncan Bees, Philippe Calvet, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
HGI and Broadband Forum to discuss Device Template for Smart Home Interoperability
Mar 12, 2014 – HGI and Broadband Forum will discuss, during a Smart Home Task Force meeting of HGI, recommendations for a universal template which will facilitate interworking between home devices and smart home applications.
News categories: HGI, Broadband Forum, Duncan Bees, Robin Mersh, Middleware, Smart Home
OSGi Alliance and HGI Collaborate on Software Execution Environment for Home Gateways
Sep 16, 2009 – The OSGi™ Alliance and the Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) have agreed to work together to integrate the OSGi Service Platform into the home gateway, creating a software execution environment that will facilitate digital home services.
News categories: Home Gateway Initiative, OSGi, Broadband, Gateway, Middleware, Smart Home
Home Gateway Initiative To Host Its First Test Event
Aug 26, 2009 – The first ever test event to assess Quality of Service (QoS) and Multi-session support in both Home Gateway products and reference designs is to be held by the Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) in France next month.
News categories: Home Gateway Initiative, BBWF, Broadband, Content Distribution, Gateway, Smart Home
Tilgin interim report 1 January - 30 June 2008
Aug 22, 2008 – Tilgin AB (Stockholm: TILG) has released its interim report for the period January to June 2008. Net sales increased by 31 percent from the first quarter, but decreased compared with the corresponding period in 2007.
News categories: Tilgin, Content Distribution, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th