Digital TV News: Inscape
IAB Tech Lab initiative aims to bring addressability to all TV environments
Nov 10, 2022 – IAB Tech Lab has launched an initiative to set technical standards to bring universal addressability to all TV environments. To achieve many of the goals Video Watermark Technology will be instrumental.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Shailley Singh, Stephane Krzywoglowy, Ken Norcross, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Yahoo partnership with DIRECTV Advertising expands to include STB data
Oct 17, 2022 – Yahoo has announced an expansion of its partnership with DIRECTV Advertising to include set-top box (STB) data. Yahoo is the only omnichannel DSP to have access to DIRECTV Advertising's STB data.
News categories: Yahoo, DIRECTV Advertising, Elizabeth Herbst-Brady, Amy Leifer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
Jun 23, 2022 – Frost & Sullivan has released findings of an analysis assessing the capabilities of eight leading television data providers. The '2022 Frost Radar on Television Viewership Data Providers' found Samba TV to be the leader in TV data capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, Frost & Sullivan, Ashwin Navin, Robert Cavin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
May 18, 2022 – 605 has renewed its agreement with VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) for automatic content recognition (ACR) data from VIZIO's Inscape data division. The extended partnership will support 605’s measurement, attribution, and reporting capabilities.
News categories: 605, VIZIO, Kristin Dolan, Ken Norcross, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO shows TV ad innovations at IAB NewFronts
May 9, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) brought together agency, content and technology partners for a week of events in New York to demonstrate the power of its Smart TV operating system and unveil its latest technology advancements.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Bergman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen brings in Inscape Smart TV data for local and national TV measurement
Apr 26, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) have announced an agreement that provides Nielsen with Inscape glass-level Smart TV viewership data. Nielsen now has the rights to integrate Inscape data for both local and national audience measurement.
News categories: Nielsen, VIZIO, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO introduces Jump Ads to connect linear TV with streaming
Mar 31, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has introduced Jump Ads. Jump Ads gives programmers and brands the ability to present an interactive overlay at the end of linear TV programs, directing viewers into a supporting app on the VIZIO operating system.
News categories: VIZIO, Fox Entertainment, Adam Bergman, Natalie Park, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
iSpot integrates Smart TV data in deal with LG Ads Solutions
Dec 15, 2021 – iSpot has announced a licensing deal for smart TV data from LG Ads Solutions. The deal gives iSpot access to LG on-the-glass program and ad data from more than 20 million opted-in smart TVs from a range of TV makers in addition to LG.
News categories: iSpot, LG Ads Solutions, Sean Muller, Raghu Kodige, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
VideoAmp renews deal to use VIZIO ACR data
Oct 6, 2021 – VideoAmp and VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) have announced that VideoAmp will continue to use VIZIO's Inscape Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) data from VIZIO Smart TVs for planning, measurement and TV ad sales use cases.
News categories: VIZIO, VideoAmp, Travis Hockersmith, Nick Chakalos, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph