Digital TV News: Juniper Research
Smart TV voice assistant transactions to approach $500 million in 2023
Oct 7, 2021 – A study from Juniper Research has found that spend through voice assistant-enabled smart TVs will reach nearly $500 million in 2023; a sharp increase from the $126 million expected in 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Digital content revenue to exceed $432bn globally by 2026
May 24, 2021 – Juniper Research expects the market for digital content to reach $432 billion by 2026; rising from $211 billion in 2021. Digital games are expected to generate the highest revenue in 2026.
News categories: Juniper Research, Saidat Giwa-Osagie, Advertising, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart Home, Streaming, Worldwide
Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Juniper Research, competition in the OTT streaming market is motivating providers to seek alternative revenue channels with the market seeing greater experimentation with hybrid monetisation models.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
OTT TV and video subscriptions to reach 2 billion by 2025
Jan 4, 2021 – A report by Juniper Research has found that there will be nearly 2 billion active subscriptions to on-demand video services in 2025; a 65% increase over the end of 2020.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nick Hunt, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
Nov 30, 2020 – Research from Juniper Research has found that consumer VR content will generate more than $7 billion in revenue in 2025, up over 160% compared with 2020. The primary driver in this space will be console gamers.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
Nov 24, 2020 – Juniper Research expects there to be almost 13.5 billion smart home devices in use by 2025, compared to 7.4 billion this year. Smart entertainment devices will take the bulk of device revenue, at over $230 billion in 2025.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Video games subscription revenue to exceed $11 billion by 2025
Oct 5, 2020 – Juniper Research has found that video game subscription revenue will grow to $11 billion by 2025, up from $6.6 billion this year. However, cloud gaming is expected to make up only 25% of the total.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
Dec 10, 2019 – Juniper Research has created a list of its top 10 technology predictions for 2020. The company expects 5G connectivity to begin to replace costly rollouts of fibre in remote areas and OTT TV services to launch functional advertising attribution systems.
News categories: Juniper Research, 5G, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Voice Assistants used to control Smart Homes to grow by 769%
Jul 29, 2019 – According to Juniper Research, the number of voice assistants used to access smart home devices will reach 555 million by 2024; up from 105 million in 2019. By 2024, Juniper Research expects more than 90% of voice assistants to be used to control smart home devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, China, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV