Digital TV News: LG CNS
Verimatrix updates list of certified chipsets
Jan 21, 2015 – Verimatrix has revealed the latest system-on-chip (SoC) families that have been certified compliant with Verimatrix Advanced Security. Cardless security requires a sophisticated SoC with embedded security features.
News categories: Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
LG CNS chooses Entropic SoC for India set-top box
Sep 13, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that LG CNS has chosen Entropic's EN7190 high-definition (HD) IP set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip for LG CNS' IP Hybrid STB, the LCP3x0, targeting the transition from standard definition to HD TV viewing in India.
News categories: Entropic, LG CNS, Roger Gregory, Sanghun Lee, Digital TV, IBC2022, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
LG CNS selects Entropic Verimatrix-certified set-top box System-on-a-Chip
Sep 13, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that LG CNS has selected Entropic's Verimatrix-certified, high-performance hybrid set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) to deliver a secure and powerful TV viewing experience.
News categories: Entropic, LG CNS, Verimatrix, Deog-Joo Won, Petr Peterka, Roger Gregory, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Zenverge Provides the Core Chipset for LG CNS Multi-screen Service
Jan 5, 2012 – Zenverge and LG CNS have announced that they have been working together to create solutions for delivery of pay-TV services to multiple screens. The technology enables content to be consumed inside the home network on any display device.
News categories: Zenverge, LG CNS, CES2023, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Trident and LG CNS Announce Commercial Android STB Deployment
Sep 28, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that GBN has begun commercial deployment of Trident-based hybrid Cable STBs to their cable service subscribers in South Korea. LG CNS developed the Android STB software for the Trident solution.
News categories: Trident Micro, LG CNS, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Trident and LG CNS Collaborate for Advanced Android STB
Sep 9, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that its latest set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoCs) powers an advanced Android-based hybrid STB developed by LG CNS of South Korea.
News categories: Trident Micro, LG CNS, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire