Digital TV News: LG CNS
Verimatrix updates list of certified chipsets
Jan 21, 2015 – Verimatrix has revealed the latest system-on-chip (SoC) families that have been certified compliant with Verimatrix Advanced Security. Cardless security requires a sophisticated SoC with embedded security features.
News categories: Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
LG CNS chooses Entropic SoC for India set-top box
Sep 13, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that LG CNS has chosen Entropic's EN7190 high-definition (HD) IP set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip for LG CNS' IP Hybrid STB, the LCP3x0, targeting the transition from standard definition to HD TV viewing in India.
News categories: Entropic, LG CNS, Roger Gregory, Sanghun Lee, Digital TV, IBC, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
LG CNS selects Entropic Verimatrix-certified set-top box System-on-a-Chip
Sep 13, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that LG CNS has selected Entropic's Verimatrix-certified, high-performance hybrid set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) to deliver a secure and powerful TV viewing experience.
News categories: Entropic, LG CNS, Verimatrix, Deog-Joo Won, Petr Peterka, Roger Gregory, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Zenverge Provides the Core Chipset for LG CNS Multi-screen Service
Jan 5, 2012 – Zenverge and LG CNS have announced that they have been working together to create solutions for delivery of pay-TV services to multiple screens. The technology enables content to be consumed inside the home network on any display device.
News categories: Zenverge, LG CNS, CES2022, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Trident and LG CNS Announce Commercial Android STB Deployment
Sep 28, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that GBN has begun commercial deployment of Trident-based hybrid Cable STBs to their cable service subscribers in South Korea. LG CNS developed the Android STB software for the Trident solution.
News categories: Trident Micro, LG CNS, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Trident and LG CNS Collaborate for Advanced Android STB
Sep 9, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that its latest set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoCs) powers an advanced Android-based hybrid STB developed by LG CNS of South Korea.
News categories: Trident Micro, LG CNS, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way