Digital TV News: LG Channels
LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
Sep 19, 2023 – LG Electronics (LG) has shared its first step to become a media and entertainment platform company. LG shared its new direction and strategy at the webOS Partner Summit 2023 in Seoul.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
U.S. home entertainment spending topped $20 billion in H1 2023
Aug 18, 2023 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers spent $20.5 billion on movies and TV shows in the first six months of 2023, up 14.7% from the $17.9 billion spent in the first six months of 2022.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
LaLiga launches FAST channel with the The Channel Store
Aug 18, 2023 – The Channel Store has announced a partnership with LaLiga to manage the distribution and monetization of LaLiga's FAST channel, LALIGA+, on major Spanish FAST channel platforms.
News categories: The Channel Store, LaLiga, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
FIFA+ expands availability on CTV and FAST channel platforms
Jul 26, 2023 – FIFA has expanded the reach of FIFA+ with apps for Samsung TV, LG, VIDAA, Amazon Fire and Android TV, and FAST availability on Samsung TV Plus, LG Channels, VIDAA Channels, The Roku Channel and Rakuten TV.
News categories: FIFA, Charlotte Burr, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Amagi to power FAST channels on Cineverse
Jul 17, 2023 – Amagi is to provide its portfolio of FAST channels to the Cineverse (NASDAQ: CNVS) streaming service and add Cineverse's streaming channels to the Amagi CONNECT marketplace.
News categories: Cineverse, Amagi, Erick Opeka, Tony Huidor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
LG to become a ‘Smart Life Solutions Company’
Jul 12, 2023 – LG has declared a vision to transform itself from appliance brand into a 'smart life solutions company' with its TV business becoming a 'media and entertainment service provider".
News categories: LG Electronics, William Cho, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
LiveOne to launch PodcastOne TV via MuxIP
Jun 13, 2023 – LiveOne (Nasdaq: LVO) is to launch PodcastOne TV, a FAST channel, in partnership with MuxIP. The channel will expand distribution of video content from PodcastOne's slate of podcasts.
News categories: MuxIP, PodcastOne, LiveOne, Tom Link, Kit Gray, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
May 29, 2023 – Coinciding with regional and local elections, and thanks to technology from The Channel Store, EL PAIS began broadcasting daily live coverage of the elections on its FAST channel.
News categories: The Channel Store, El País, Fernando García Calvo, Carlos de Vega, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
Mar 16, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Mainstream Media AG has launched a female-centred FAST channel, Starke Frauen, using Amagi's CLOUDPORT for playout and THUNDERSTORM for ad insertion.
News categories: Amagi, Mainstream Media AG, Srinivasan KA, Tim Werner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029