Digital TV News: LG Channels
Blue Ant Media launches FAST offer on LG Channels in North America
Jun 13, 2022 – Blue Ant Media has announced that a suite of its FAST channels has launched on LG Channels in the U.S. and Canada. The launch builds on Blue Ant Media's momentum in the emerging free streaming space in North America and around the world.
News categories: Blue Ant Media, LG Channels, Jamie Schouela, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Banijay Rights collaborates with Amagi to go FAST
May 25, 2022 – Amagi has announced a partnership with Banijay Rights, the global distribution arm of world-leading independent TV producer Banijay, to drive its Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) strategy worldwide.
News categories: Amagi, Banijay Rights, Srinivasan KA, Shaun Keeble, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl powered FAST channels land on LG Channels
Apr 6, 2022 – Wurl has partnered with LG Electronics to bring Wurl powered FAST Channels to LG Channels. Wurl will be distributing the FAST channels globally while also providing monetization services and maximizing revenue to the company.
News categories: Wurl, LG Electronics, Ingrid Mariotti, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Curiosity Now launches on LG Channels
Mar 21, 2022 – Curiosity has partnered with LG to launch Curiosity Now, a free, ad-supported streaming channel on LG Channels on all LG Smart TV 4.0 and newer models. Curiosity Now offers programming from an extensive library of documentaries, shows and series.
News categories: Curiosity, LG Electronics, Brandon Fong, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi secures $95 million investment in unicorn round
Mar 16, 2022 – Amagi has solidified its position with a new $95 million funding round followed by a 108% YoY growth in revenues. This financing round was led by Accel with participation from existing investors Norwest Venture Partners and Avataar Ventures.
News categories: Amagi, Accel, Norwest Venture Partners, Avataar Ventures, Baskar Subramanian, Shekhar Kirani, Dave Zilberman, Nishant Rao, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
Jan 26, 2022 – LG Ads Solutions has introduced a suite of guaranteed outcome-based media offerings, through which advertisers only pay for connected TV (CTV) ads when they meet specified performance goals, independently validated using third-party data.
News categories: LG Ads, Raghu Kodige, Huw Griffiths, Keith Camoosa, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
LG Channels availability to grow from 14 to 25 countries
Aug 10, 2021 – LG is expanding LG Channels availability from 14 to 25 countries, tripling its European coverage by the end of the year. LG Channels will also be coming to smart TVs powered by its webOS TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
SpotX to be provide SSP for LG Smart TV advertising
Feb 11, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with LG to serve as its primary supply-side platform (SSP) in the US, EMEA, and Latin America. SpotX is also providing LG with demand facilitation services.
News categories: SpotX, LG Electronics, Mike Laband, Matt Durgin, Advertising, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia