Digital TV News: LG Electronics
CTA announces return to Las Vegas for CES 2022
Apr 29, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will return to Las Vegas next year. CTA will convene the tech industry in-person and digitally. CES heads back to Las Vegas Jan. 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Karen Chupka, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
Apr 4, 2021 – LG is closing its mobile business unit to focus on growth areas such as electric vehicle components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics, artificial intelligence and B2B solutions, as well as platforms and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, Mobile, Worldwide
Amazon takes lead as connected TV device sales hit new peak
Mar 9, 2021 – Global sales of connected TV devices soared to a record in Q4 2020, reaching 109.1 million units, according to Strategy Analytics. Amazon became market leader for the first time with a market share of 12.1%.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Edouard Bouffenie, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
Mar 3, 2021 – While in recent years OLED TV has seen its share of the premium TV market deteriorate, OLED TVs and the brands that sell them regained much of that lost ground in the fourth quarter of 2020, according to DSCC.
News categories: DSCC, Bob O’Brien, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
Mar 1, 2021 – QuickSet, a technology offered by Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) will be available for TV brands adopting LG's webOS TV platform. LG is including UEI’s QuickSet as the standard for device discovery and control.
News categories: Universal Electronics, LG Electronics, Paul Arling, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
Feb 24, 2021 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that, with LG, it has expanded licensing of its Freespace MotionEngine Smart TV software technology to include 3rd party TV brands running LG's webOS smart TV platform.
News categories: CEVA, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
SpotX to be provide SSP for LG Smart TV advertising
Feb 11, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with LG to serve as its primary supply-side platform (SSP) in the US, EMEA, and Latin America. SpotX is also providing LG with demand facilitation services.
News categories: SpotX, LG Electronics, Mike Laband, Matt Durgin, Advertising, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, OTT, Smart TV, USA
LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
Jan 13, 2021 – LG Electronics has announced its 2021 NEXTGEN TV lineup. Unveiled at Digital CES 2021, the new 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs represent the powerful combination of LG OLED and NEXTGEN TV technologies.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Jong Kim, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021