Digital TV News: LG Electronics
LG replaces legacy Smart TV ACR with own proprietary solution
Sep 15, 2022 – LG Ads Solutions has announced the rollout of its proprietary ACR technology across LG TVs globally. The rollout will replace legacy technology across Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Australia.
News categories: LG Ads, LG Electronics, Raghu Kodige, Chris Jo, Advertising, Africa, Asia, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Smart TV
Five Louisville TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Sep 12, 2022 – Local TV stations in Louisville have joined together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Block Communications' WBKI will host five stations including Block's WDRB and market partners WAVE, WHAS and WBNA; Kentucky Educational Television's (KET) WKMJ will launch on Sept. 19.
News categories: Pearl TV, Block Communications, Anne Schelle, Dale Woods, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LG Smart TVs to incorporate Intertrust ExpressPlay conditional access
Sep 6, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) and Intertrust have announced that LG Smart TVs will be Intertrust ExpressPlay XCA-enabled. LG’s XCA enabled TVs will support operators in Germany starting in 2023.
News categories: ExpressPlay, HD+, LG Electronics, Manas Matti, Alexander Sacher, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2022, Smart TV
LG unveils new gaming UI, adds new cloud-gaming services
Sep 5, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) is expanding the gaming experience on its latest TVs, adding Blacknut and Utomik cloud-gaming services to give users more choice, and a UI update that makes it easier to get in the game.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
India Smart TV shipments up 74% YoY in Q2 2022
Aug 29, 2022 – MuxIP has partnered with Dooya Media Group (DMG), an OTT services company offering a network of premium free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channels, to deliver a single, customized interface for Dooya channels.
News categories: Counterpoint, Anshika Jain, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Hisense lineup of NEXTGEN TVs comes to U.S. retail
Aug 23, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced that NEXTGEN TV models from Hisense, U7H and U8H, are now available at retail in the US. Hisense joins other manufacturers - Sony, Samsung and LG - that already have more than 70 models in stores.
News categories: Pearl TV, Hisense, Anne Schelle, David Gold, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Disney+ now available on webOS LG TVs in more countries
Jun 14, 2022 – The Disney+ app is now available on LG TVs in over forty new countries and territories across Africa, Europe and the Middle East. More LG TV owners can now enjoy Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star, as long as their TV runs webOS from 2017 or later.
News categories: LG Electronics, Disney Plus, Africa, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Smart TV, Streaming
Blue Ant Media launches FAST offer on LG Channels in North America
Jun 13, 2022 – Blue Ant Media has announced that a suite of its FAST channels has launched on LG Channels in the U.S. and Canada. The launch builds on Blue Ant Media's momentum in the emerging free streaming space in North America and around the world.
News categories: Blue Ant Media, LG Channels, Jamie Schouela, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Smart TV share in India’s TV market at record 89% in Q1 2022
Jun 7, 2022 – The Smart TV share in India's overall TV market grew 33% YoY in Q1 2022 to reach its highest ever at 89%, according to Counterpoint. Xiaomi led the smart TV market during the quarter with a 14.3% share, followed by Samsung at 13.1%.
News categories: Counterpoint, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite