Digital TV News: LG Electronics
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Oct 13, 2021 – Discovery, Inc. and LG Electronics USA have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. including LG's line-up of award-winning LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Peggy Ang, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
Oct 12, 2021 – LG has announced that from September, support for a number of premium content services, including Disney+, Vudu, Pandora, HBO Max and SLING TV will be added to its webOS platform for third party TV makers.
News categories: LG Electronics, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Oct 12, 2021 – Hartford viewers can now find four channels over-the-air with NEXTGEN TV: TEGNA's WCCT (CW, channel 20) and WTIC (FOX, channel 61), Meredith's WFSB (CBS, channel 3), and Nexstar's WTNH (ABC, channel 8).
News categories: Pearl TV, TEGNA, Nexstar, Anne Schelle, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Five Atlanta TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 24, 2021 – Television viewers in Atlanta, the seventh-ranked media market in the US, can now experience the future of broadcast television as five local TV stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Meredith, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LG Channels availability to grow from 14 to 25 countries
Aug 10, 2021 – LG is expanding LG Channels availability from 14 to 25 countries, tripling its European coverage by the end of the year. LG Channels will also be coming to smart TVs powered by its webOS TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
HBO Max app now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Aug 3, 2021 – LG Electronics USA and WarnerMedia have announced that the HBO Max app is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. LG Smart TV owners can now access HBO Max as part of the TV's webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV expands to 11 stations in Phoenix
Jul 14, 2021 – As the first market in the U.S. to experience NEXTGEN TV when it launched in 2018, audiences in the Phoenix area can now enjoy an expanded roster of 11 local stations delivering the next generation broadcast technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, E.W. Scripps, Univision Communications, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Greg Coburn, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Alexa coming to third-party Smart TVs powered by LG webOS
Jul 14, 2021 – LG has announced that Amazon Alexa is coming to third-party TVs powered by its webOS platform. The feature will be activated OTA starting in Q3 in North America, followed by other regions including Europe and Asia.
News categories: LG Electronics, Jung Sung-hyun, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, North America, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor