Digital TV News: LG Electronics
LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
May 20, 2020 – LG has announced that, as part of expanding its TV business, its Cibitung facility in Indonesia will become the company’s new regional hub, taking over two of the six production lines currently running in Gumi, South Korea.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, Indonesia, Smart TV, Worldwide
Advanced TV revenues to reach $26bn by 2025
Apr 27, 2020 – Advanced TV revenues are forecast to grow at a 9% rate from 2019 to 2025 to $26 billion, according to DSCC. Advanced TV is any TV with advanced display technology, including OLED TVs, 8K LCD TVs and LCD TVs with quantum dot technology.
News categories: DSCC, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
Apr 3, 2020 – BritBox has announced that Britbox is now available on LG Smart TVs manufactured from 2014. BritBox will be adding support for other Freeview Play Smart TVs and YouView devices in the next few months.
News categories: BritBox, LG Electronics, Reemah Sakaan, Carolyn Anderson, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
Mar 27, 2020 – In Q1 2020, the TV industry was under pressure both on the production and demand sides. TrendForce has reduced its expectation of global shipments for Q1 2020 to 44.6 million units, down by 8.6% from the pre-COVID-19 prediction.
News categories: TrendForce, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
India TV shipments climb to a record 15 Million units in 2019
Mar 17, 2020 – Shipments of TVs in India grew 15% annually to reach a highest-ever 15 million units in 2019, according to Counterpoint. The growth is mainly driven by budget smart TVs with 32" TVs the leading segment and penetrating sub-US$150 price bands.
News categories: Counterpoint, Karn Chauhan, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC, Digital TV, USA
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ now available on 2019 LG TVs
Feb 4, 2020 – LG Electronics (LG), which introduced its 2020 smart TVs with the Apple TV app at CES last month, is now launching the Apple TV app for compatible 2019 LG smart TVs in the United States and more than 80 other countries.
News categories: LG Electronics, Apple, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
Jan 14, 2020 – According to Acumen Research and Consulting, the global Android TV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20% over the forecast period 2019 to 2026 and expected to reach the market value of over US$ 231 billion by 2026.
News categories: Acumen Research and Consulting, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert