Digital TV News: MegaFon
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Flix Snip expands to Spain and Italy on Huawei Video
Jun 11, 2019 – Short-form content app and VOD service Flix Snip has announced that its content is now available in Spain and Italy as part of the Huawei Video SVOD service. This follows Flix Snip’s recent launch in Russia on the MegaFon and Rostelecom platforms.
News categories: Flix Snip, Huawei, Sebastien Perioche, Jaime Gonzalo, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Spain
Elemental supports expansion of MegaFon.TV OTT in Russia
Jan 11, 2017 – Elemental has announced that Russia's MegaFon is using Elemental for its MegaFon.TV over-the-top (OTT) TV service, which has seen a rise in subscribers from 10,000 to more than 1.4 million over the past year.
News categories: Elemental, MegaFon, MegaLabs, Andrey Kushnarev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Russia
Verimatrix secures content for MegaLabs' SMOTRI+ mobile app
Mar 28, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Russia's MegaLabs has chosen the multi-network Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) solution to secure its SMOTRI+ mobile application.
News categories: Verimatrix, MegaLabs, Andrey Kushnarev, Steve Oetegenn, Apps, Content Protection, Mobile, OTT, Russia
Russia's MegaFon deploys Verimatrix VCAS for IPTV and OTT services
Jan 25, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced the deployment of a multi-network Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) solution to secure MegaFon's combined IPTV and over-the-top (OTT) video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, MegaFon, MegaLabs, Conditional Access, Content Protection, CSTB, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Russia
Dune HD HDMI STB on show at TV Connect EurAsia 2012
Oct 10, 2012 – The Dune HD Connect, the world's smallest Full HD set top box, is a compact stick format device that plugs into a subscriber's TV HDMI socket and streams content through its built-in Wi-Fi via a home internet connection.
News categories: Dune HD, OTT, Russia, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million