Digital TV News: Ministry of Communications
South Africa begins analogue TV switch-off
Mar 16, 2021 – South Africa has started with the phased switch-off of analogue television transmitters in the Free State. The process, carried out province-by-province, is expected to complete by the end of March 2022.
News categories: Ministry of Communications and Digital Technologies, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
Feb 14, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Afghanistan Broadcasting System (ABS) have signed a contract for video capacity on EUTELSAT 53A. ABS will use EUTELSAT 53A’s Ku-band resources over Central Asia to provide nationwide coverage for the launch of its DTH platform, Oqaab HD+.
News categories: Eutelsat, Afghanistan Broadcasting System, Michel Azibert, Andi Wilmers, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Speedcast provides DTH for Malaysia's digital TV switchover
Nov 22, 2018 – Speedcast (ASX: SDA) has announced that it will play a key role in Malaysia's switch from analogue TV to digital TV through a DTH solution. Speedcast has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting for the project.
News categories: Speedcast, MYTV Broadcasting, Pierre-Jean Beylier, Michael Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Terrestrial
Partner Communications to launch IPTV in Israel in 1H2017
Sep 12, 2016 – Partner Communications (NASDAQ:PTNR) (TASE:PTNR) has announced that the Company plans to enter the television services market in the first half of 2017, and is finalizing arrangements for that objective.
News categories: Partner Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Singapore to complete switch to digital TV in 2017
Jan 22, 2016 – Singapore's Ministry of Communications and Information has said that it aims to complete the nationwide transition to digital broadcasting and switch off analogue broadcast in 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Communications and Information, Digital TV, Singapore, Terrestrial
Ghana's digital migration deadline now March 2016
Jul 2, 2015 – Ghana will migrate fully to digital terrestrial television (DTT) by March 2016, the Ministry of Communications, has stated. Ghana had identified funding sources to implement the project at a cost of US$83 million.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Ministry of Communications, William Tevie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
Belarus completes switch to digital television
May 15, 2015 – The Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus (Minsvyazi) has announced that the country has completed its transition to digital TV broadcasting. On May 15, 2015, the final 10 analogue transmitters were switched off.
News categories: Minsvyazi, Belarus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Ghana to resume digital TV migration project
Mar 9, 2015 – The Commercial Division of Ghana's High Court has dismissed the interlocutory injunction filed by Startimes DTV Ghana to prevent the Ministry of Communications (MoC) from implementing its DTT roadmap following the termination of the previous contract with Starimes.
News categories: Ministry of Communications, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
South Africa plans to migrate to digital 'within 2 years'
Feb 25, 2015 – In documents released to support South Africa's annual budget speech, the Ministry of Communications has outlined its financing requirements for migration of the country to digital broadcasting within 2 years.
News categories: Ministry of Communications, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV