Digital TV News: Moving Picture Experts Group
Huawei, Qualcomm and Samsung welcome release of MPEG-5 EVC standard
May 8, 2020 – Huawei, Qualcomm and Samsung have welcomed the release of MPEG-5 Essential Video Coding (EVC) – a new video coding standard designed to meet both the business and technical needs of the media industry.
News categories: Huawei, Qualcomm, Samsung, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Via Licensing issues call for MPEG-H 3D Audio patents
Aug 21, 2015 – Via Licensing has announced a call for patents that are essential to the practice of the MPEG-H 3D Audio standard. MPEG-H 3D Audio specifies the transmission and playback of audio over a variety of speaker arrangements for broadcast and streaming applications.
News categories: Via Licensing, Roger Ross, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Flash Networks optimises MPEG-DASH video streaming
Oct 22, 2013 – Flash Networks has announced the availability of MPEG-DASH video optimization that reduces network congestion and improves the quality of experience for subscribers without manipulating video content.
News categories: Flash Networks, Ofer Gottfried, Content Distribution, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming
Motorola to demonstrate real-time HD HEVC encoding and decoding at NABShow
Apr 5, 2013 – At the 2013 NAB Show, Motorola will continue its history of innovation with its first ever real-time HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) encoding and decoding demonstration at its exhibit space, booth # SU2017.
News categories: Motorola, Content Distribution, NABShow, TV Services
DOCOMO to License HEVC Decoding Software
Feb 4, 2013 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it will license a software for decoding HEVC, the new international standard for video coding, in March. DOCOMO's HEVC decoding software is the world's first of its kind for Full HD playback on smartphones.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, MWC23, Smartphone, Streaming
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
Motorola Presents the Future of the IP Connected Home at IBC2012
Sep 7, 2012 – At IBC, Motorola (NASDAQ:GOOG) is launching new IP and cable set-top technology designed to meet consumer demand for multi-screen, over-the-top (OTT) and time shift TV, while reducing energy use and maintenance.
News categories: Motorola, Steve McCaffrey, Cable TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Vanguard Software Solutions Demonstrates Real-Time HEVC (H.265) Software Encoder at IBC 2012
Sep 2, 2012 – Vanguard Software Solutions (VSS) has announced the introduction of the first HEVC real-time software Encoder SDK for PC. The VSS encoder demonstrates improvements in quality and bitrate over current implementations based on H.264/MPEG-4 AVC.
News categories: Vanguard Software Solutions, Digital TV, IBC2023
Ericsson announces world's first HEVC encoder for live TV delivery to mobile devices
Aug 22, 2012 – IBC 2012 will see the Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) market launch of the world's first HEVC/H.265 encoder for the delivery of live and linear TV over mobile networks, to mobile devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Mobile
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023