Digital TV News: Moving Picture Experts Group
Huawei, Qualcomm and Samsung welcome release of MPEG-5 EVC standard
May 8, 2020 – Huawei, Qualcomm and Samsung have welcomed the release of MPEG-5 Essential Video Coding (EVC) – a new video coding standard designed to meet both the business and technical needs of the media industry.
News categories: Huawei, Qualcomm, Samsung, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Via Licensing issues call for MPEG-H 3D Audio patents
Aug 21, 2015 – Via Licensing has announced a call for patents that are essential to the practice of the MPEG-H 3D Audio standard. MPEG-H 3D Audio specifies the transmission and playback of audio over a variety of speaker arrangements for broadcast and streaming applications.
News categories: Via Licensing, Roger Ross, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Flash Networks optimises MPEG-DASH video streaming
Oct 22, 2013 – Flash Networks has announced the availability of MPEG-DASH video optimization that reduces network congestion and improves the quality of experience for subscribers without manipulating video content.
News categories: Flash Networks, Ofer Gottfried, Content Distribution, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming
Motorola to demonstrate real-time HD HEVC encoding and decoding at NABShow
Apr 5, 2013 – At the 2013 NAB Show, Motorola will continue its history of innovation with its first ever real-time HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) encoding and decoding demonstration at its exhibit space, booth # SU2017.
News categories: Motorola, Content Distribution, NABShow, TV Services
DOCOMO to License HEVC Decoding Software
Feb 4, 2013 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it will license a software for decoding HEVC, the new international standard for video coding, in March. DOCOMO's HEVC decoding software is the world's first of its kind for Full HD playback on smartphones.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, MWC23, Smartphone, Streaming
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
Motorola Presents the Future of the IP Connected Home at IBC2012
Sep 7, 2012 – At IBC, Motorola (NASDAQ:GOOG) is launching new IP and cable set-top technology designed to meet consumer demand for multi-screen, over-the-top (OTT) and time shift TV, while reducing energy use and maintenance.
News categories: Motorola, Steve McCaffrey, Cable TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Vanguard Software Solutions Demonstrates Real-Time HEVC (H.265) Software Encoder at IBC 2012
Sep 2, 2012 – Vanguard Software Solutions (VSS) has announced the introduction of the first HEVC real-time software Encoder SDK for PC. The VSS encoder demonstrates improvements in quality and bitrate over current implementations based on H.264/MPEG-4 AVC.
News categories: Vanguard Software Solutions, Digital TV, IBC2022
Ericsson announces world's first HEVC encoder for live TV delivery to mobile devices
Aug 22, 2012 – IBC 2012 will see the Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) market launch of the world's first HEVC/H.265 encoder for the delivery of live and linear TV over mobile networks, to mobile devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Mobile
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update
- Innovative Systems renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Publica joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
- SpringServe joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
- EZDRM brings studio-approved DRM to WebRTC