Digital TV News: MulticoreWare
Samsung and Amazon introduce HDR10+
Apr 20, 2017 – Samsung and Amazon Video have announced the introduction of HDR10+, an updated open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon Video, Kyoungwon Lim, Greg Hart, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
HEVC Advance announces 'Royalty Free' HEVC software
Nov 22, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced an initiative to accelerate HEVC/UHD adoption. HEVC Advance will not seek a license or royalties on HEVC functionality implemented in software downloaded to mobiles or PCs after the initial sale of the device.
News categories: HEVC Advance, MulticoreWare, Peter Moller, Tom Vaughan, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, Patent, Streaming, Worldwide
VP9 decoder available for Imagination PowerVR Series6 GPUs
Feb 25, 2014 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that a GPU accelerated VP9 software decoder for its PowerVR Series6 Rogue graphics processors (GPUs) is available from partner MulticoreWare.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MulticoreWare, Peter McGuinness, Matt Frost, Media Player, MWC21, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks