Digital TV News: NAB Show
MEDIAGENIX enables viewer engagement across VOD, linear, and FAST
Apr 6, 2023 – At this year’s NAB Show, MEDIAGENIX will show how media companies can engage more viewers across more platforms without hitting the brick wall of spiraling costs, complexity, and legal risks.
News categories: MEDIAGENIX, Emmanuel Müller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Synamedia brings cloud, streaming and distribution technologies to NAB 2023
Apr 6, 2023 – Synamedia has announced its NAB Show line-up of technologies that enable the distribution and delivery of streaming content across the spectrum of sports, from local clubs to global events.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Ateme converges traditional television and gaming
Apr 6, 2023 – Ateme has launched its Virtual Lounge. The solution embeds multiple OTT players enabling the same sporting event to be viewed from different angles, bringing the streams into a gaming environment.
News categories: Ateme, Mickaël Raulet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gaming, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
24i provides complete D2C solution for FAST and linear channel owners
Apr 5, 2023 – 24i has announced 24i Broadcaster Studio, a new modular solution that has been added to its 24i Mod Studio portfolio. The new solution includes everything channel owners require to go D2C.
News categories: 24i, Dr. Neale Foster, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Plex integrates Vionlabs AI technology for enhanced viewing experience
Apr 5, 2023 – Vionlabs has partnered with Plex to integrate its cognitive AI technology into Plex’s streaming service, enhancing the viewing experience with a more accurate and intuitive UX.
News categories: Vionlabs, Plex, Marcus Bergström, Shawn Eldridge, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Yospace and Capella partner on advertising for live sports
Apr 6, 2023 – Yospace has partnered with Capella Systems to offer an all-in-one solution that manages live encoding and server-side ad insertion and is designed to handle the needs of ad-driven live sporting events.
News categories: Yospace, Capella, Tim Sewell, Ikuyo Yamada, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Bitmovin and Akamai to debut CMCD solution at NAB Show 2023
Apr 5, 2023 – Bitmovin has partnered with Akamai on a solution using Common Media Client Data (CMCD) to help minimize the cost of errors that occur due to the siloes between video players and CDNs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Akamai, Stefan Lederer, Will Law, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Triveni Digital introduces ATSC 3.0 Translator
Apr 5, 2023 – Triveni Digital has introduced its ATSC 3.0 Translator enabling broadcasters to repeat or translate their existing ATSC 3.0 signal to other areas without the need for an entire broadcast chain.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Synamedia launches pay-as-you-use SaaS video distribution platform
Apr 5, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled Quortex Link, a pay-as-you-use, self-service SaaS platform for video distribution. Quortex Link reduces the time and investment required to establish video distribution links.
News categories: Synamedia, Thomas Dellerue, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media