Digital TV News: NTT Electronics
Televisa selects NTT HEVC encoder and decoder for 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup
Jun 29, 2017 – NTT Electronics and Televisa have announced that NTT Electronics’ H.265/HEVC Video Encoder 'HC10000E' and H.265/HEVC Decoder 'HC10000D' are being used by Televisa for the transmission to Mexico of FIFA Confederations Cup Football Games in Russia.
News categories: NTT Electronics, Televisa, Hisashi Ibaraki, William Aguirre, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America
NTT Electronics announces single chip professional video decoder LSI
Mar 19, 2012 – NTT Electronics has announced the release of its new professional video decoder. SARADEC2 is a single chip 10bit H.264/AVC LSI, decoding MPEG-2 TS streams for 422/420, MPEG-2 and H.264/AVC, 1080/60i and 1080/60p(H.264/AVC) with 8bit/10bit(H.264/AVC) formats.
News categories: NTT Electronics, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor
H.264 Decoder IC Market to Grow 20% Annually Through 2013
Nov 11, 2010 – H.264 decoders are beginning to appear in many solutions and the compression scheme is becoming more popular. As a result In-Stat expects H.264 decoder ICs to grow at an annual rate in excess of 20% through 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG Video SoC Market Riding Along with the Consumer Electronics Market
Aug 31, 2010 – Growth in shipments of various video products in the consumer electronics market, even in a year with economic uncertainty like 2009, helped the MPEG video SoC market reach over 650 million units in 2009, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
NTT Electronics Develops FPGA Version of Decoder LSI for 10-bit 4:2:2 H.264/MPEG-2, to Be Demonstrated at NAB2010
Apr 7, 2010 – NTT Electronics has announced that it has developed an FPGA version of a multi-standard single chip LSI for both H.264/AVC 4:2:2 10-bit (including AVC-Intra 100/50) and MPEG-2 4:2:2 decoding, prior to the release of the commercial product.
News categories: NTT Electronics, Content Distribution, NABShow, Semiconductor
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
NTT Electronics Corporation to Unveil 4:2:2 high-profile Real-time HD H.264 Solutions at IBC 2007 in Amsterdam
Aug 31, 2007 – NTT Electronics booth will exhibit the world's first 4:2:2 high-profile H.264/AVC HDTV/SDTV real-time Encoder / Decoder HV9100 series and real-time MPEG-2 to H.264 Transcoder HVT9100 with ultra-high quality video.
News categories: IBCShowcase, ICs, Semiconductor
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024