Digital TV News: Netflix
SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
Jan 20, 2022 – VIZIO has announced that SLING TV is now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs. SmartCast users across America can access the SLING app to watch the live content they love, plus over 150,000 on demand shows and movies.
News categories: VIZIO, SLING TV, Katherine Pond, Seth Van Sickel, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
Jan 20, 2022 – Research from Acquia shows that up to 5 million people in the UK are currently watching seven or more hours of streaming video content (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) every day, equivalent to a full working day (minus lunch).
News categories: Acquia, Tom Bianchi, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
Jan 18, 2022 – Breezeline (Cogeco US) has launched Breezeline Stream TV, a cloud-based TV service that integrates live TV, DVR, on-demand and streaming apps for viewing devices inside and outside the home via a single, easy-to-use interface.
News categories: Breezeline, Heather McCallion, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere, USA
Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
Jan 16, 2022 – While Netflix remains the undisputed leading streaming platform, with a 21% share of the US subscription video on demand (SVoD) market in 2021, GlobalData notes that the giant is showing signs of slowing.
News categories: GlobalData, Netflix, Francesca Gregory, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
ZEASN introduces Whale OS Turnkey 2.0 Smart TV solution on Novatek SoCs
Jan 11, 2022 – ZEASN has released Whale OS Turnkey 2.0. Built on ZEASN’s Whale OS, the turnkey Smart TV solution offers a customized UI, the most requested advanced smart TV features, and brings the native app experience to TV viewers.
News categories: ZEASN, Novatek, Raymond Chung, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
EKTRA selects CommScope STB for Balticum TV in Lithuania
Dec 21, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with EKTRA to provide its Balticum TV customers in Lithuania with the VIP7100 UHD set top solution. The VIP7100 is an interactive IP set top box powered by the Android TV operating system (OS).
News categories: CommScope, EKTRA, Phil Cardy, Valery Alfimov, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Set Top Box
Parks Associates announces 2021's Top 10 US subscription OTT video services
Dec 17, 2021 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US paid subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2021 from the firm's OTT Video Market Tracker.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Australia’s SVOD revenue to reach $3.2bn in 2026
Dec 17, 2021 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Australia is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% from $1.9bn in 2021 to $3.2bn in 2026, driven by growth in subscriptions and unique households, and a steady rise in average monthly revenue per unique household.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers