Digital TV News: Nielsen
Foxtel selects Kantar for STB return path audience measurement
Oct 26, 2023 – Foxtel Media has selected Kantar to deliver a new audience measurement service, ingesting data collected from Foxtel subscribers’ set top boxes using return path data technology.
News categories: Foxtel Media, Kantar, Mark Frain, Keld Nielsen, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Nielsen to integrate U.S. ACR data from LG Ad Solutions
Oct 19, 2023 – Nielsen has announced that LG Ad Solutions will provide Nielsen with its ACR data for use in its U.S. TV measurement service, giving Nielsen the largest ACR data footprint in the industry.
News categories: Nielsen, LG Ad Solutions, Ameneh Atai, Alistair Sutcliffe, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen ONE launches globally, beginning with Denmark
Oct 18, 2023 – Nielsen has announced that it is launching Nielsen ONE, its cross-media measurement solution, in markets around the world, beginning with Nielsen ONE Content in Denmark.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Advertising, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, Worldwide
New York City broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV
Oct 16, 2023 – Beginning October 16, viewers in the #1 television market in the U.S will be able to receive six local channels broadcasting NEXTGEN TV over-the-air: WCBS, WLIW, WMBQ-CD, WNBC, WNET and WNJU.
News categories: WNET Group, Neal Shapiro, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
Oct 2, 2023 – Nielsen has announced the launch of ads measurement in the U.S. for Netflix's ad-supported plan via Nielsen ONE Ads, integrating Netflix first-party data with its representative panel metrics.
News categories: Nielsen, Netflix, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Gracenote unveils data enrichment program to speed FAST distribution
Sep 12, 2023 – Gracenote has unveiled a program to help content publishers and broadcasters get their FAST programming distributed by streaming platforms more easily, leveraging advanced data enrichment services.
News categories: Gracenote, Vikram Kulkarni, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Tubi surpasses 74 million monthly active Users
Sep 6, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ:FOXA, FOX) has surpassed 74 million monthly active users and logged nearly 4 billion streaming hours for the first half of the year, reaching 1.4% of total U.S. TV viewing time.
News categories: Tubi, Anjali Sud, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Gracenote supports Télé-Loisirs with SVOD information and imagery
Sep 5, 2023 – Gracenote is helping Prisma Media transform its Télé-Loisirs offerings into go-to resources for what to watch in France by providing information and imagery for the major SVOD catalogs.
News categories: Gracenote, Prisma Media, Vikram Kulkarni, Julian Marco, Big Data, Digital TV, France, IBC2023
Nielsen report highlights content discovery challenge for viewers
Aug 28, 2023 – Nielsen has released a report illuminating the surging number of program titles and streaming video services, as well as the resulting challenges for viewers deciding what to watch.
News categories: Gracenote, Nielsen, Filiz Bahmanpour, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, North America, Streaming, UX
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification