Digital TV News: Nielsen
Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
Oct 15, 2020 – Nielsen has announced that it will measure YouTube’s streaming TV inventory to help media buyers and sellers better understand and verify audiences on the YouTube and YouTube TV apps on connected TVs.
News categories: Nielsen, YouTube, Scott Brown, Debbie Weinstein, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV to California and Illinois
Oct 1, 2020 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ:CNSL) is introducing CCiTV to residential and small and medium business customers in its California and Illinois service areas from October 2nd.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, IPTV, USA
Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
Sep 16, 2020 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has launched Gracenote Streaming Sports Catalogs. The data product ensures that sports content is easily searchable and discoverable across siloed TV platforms, services and devices.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Nielsen upgrades digital measurement methodology
Jul 21, 2020 – Nielsen has announced sweeping changes to its digital measurement methodology. The new methodology will be rolled out in phases to ensure continuity of measurement for its clients, beginning in early 2021.
News categories: Nielsen, Karthik Rao, Mainak Mazumdar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
DoubleVerify introduces ad completion measurement tools for CTV
Jul 17, 2020 – DoubleVerify has announced a measurement offering that allows advertisers to measure signals that offer a strong proxy for viewability on CTV. Historically, measuring viewability has been challenging for CTV inventory.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Matt McLaughlin, Dan Slivjanovski, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
SpotX finds 80% of CTV viewers watch ad-supported content
Jul 15, 2020 – SpotX has released a global connected TV (CTV) viewership report. SpotX, in partnership with Mintel, surveyed consumers to identify viewing habits, as well as how receptive they are to ads.
News categories: SpotX, Mintel, Sean Buckley, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, USA
Disney joins Nielsen Addressable TV beta program
Jun 5, 2020 – Disney Media Networks has joined Nielsen's (NYSE: NLSN) Addressable TV beta program. Disney will be able to evaluate Nielsen's addressable TV advertising capabilities and prepare for its commercial launch.
News categories: Nielsen, Disney, Kelly Abcarian, Laura Nelson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
Jun 1, 2020 – FourthWall Media has introduced Adapt, a platform tool to onboard linear, addressable, and digital advertising campaigns, and has added ACR data from Smart TVs to its cable set-top box viewing dataset into the Reveal analytics platform.
News categories: FourthWall Media, Nielsen, Ellen Dudar, Matt Reid, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
May 21, 2020 – SpotX has expanded its Measurement and Attribution Suite. By uncovering audience reach metrics like brand lift, incremental reach and frequency, and outcome-based measurement, advertisers can more accurately pinpoint value across all video channels.
News categories: SpotX, Kristen Williams, Patrick Doyle, Michael Parent, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service