Digital TV News: Nielsen
Nielsen relaunches streaming measurement suite
Oct 7, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) is bringing its streaming solutions together in a single measurement suite encompassing ad-supported and subscription-based service models across content, ads and platforms.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
MRC suspends accreditation of Nielsen local TV services
Sep 1, 2021 – The Media Rating Council (MRC) has decide to suspend its accreditation of Nielsen’s National Television and Local People Meter and Set Meter Markets services. The changed status becomes effective in mid-September.
News categories: Media Rating Council, Nielsen, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Meredith renews with Nielsen for TV audience measurement
Aug 10, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Meredith (NYSE: MDP) have signed a renewal agreement for Nielsen Local TV ratings which includes a range of audience measurement and analytical services.
News categories: Nielsen, Meredith, Catherine Herkovic, Doug Lowe, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Xandr launches Monetize TV audience-based ad sales platform
Aug 4, 2021 – Xandr has launched Monetize TV. Monetize TV's self-serve technology provides TV sellers with comprehensive monetization tools, demand enablement and, in the future, converged video solutions.
News categories: Xandr, Mark Mitchell, Steve Silvestri, Larry Hunt, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen strengthens TV attribution, ad intelligence with TVTY acquisition
Jul 8, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has acquired TVTY, a TV attribution provider and ad monitoring company based in France. TVTY brings a wide range of outcomes capabilities that improve TV campaign execution.
News categories: Nielsen, TVTY, Sean Cohan, Eliott Reilhac, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
Jun 23, 2021 – According to a Horowitz Research survey, U.S. consumers are feeling the pain of chaos (too many streaming services) and fatigue as content is unpredictably fragmented across numerous, access-restricted streams.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Howard Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Gracenote expands video metadata coverage to Poland
May 25, 2021 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has expanded its international video metadata coverage to include Poland, helping pay-TV providers, broadcasters and streamers to provide effective content navigation, search and discovery.
News categories: Gracenote, Raimond van Raamsdonk, Big Data, Digital TV, Poland, UX
Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
May 13, 2021 – Samsung Ads has announced that TV measurement from Nielsen is available for purchasing inventory on Samsung TV Plus. Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings will enable advertisers to more easily utilize Samsung TV Plus inventory.
News categories: Nielsen, Samsung, Ameneh Atai, Tom Fochetta, Sara Sorce, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
Apr 14, 2021 – Research from Tremor Video and Unruly, carried out with MTM Global, shows that nearly three-quarters (72%) of US digital advertising professionals believe that CTV reaches target audiences more effectively than linear TV.
News categories: Tremor Video, MTM Global, Justin Chadwick, Shana Kohen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product