Digital TV News: Nielsen
Telly launches free dual screen Smart TV in the U.S.
May 15, 2023 – Telly has developed a TV combining a 55" 4K HDR display with a separate built-in Smart Screen. Telly has opened ordering for 500,000 free units that will begin shipping to U.S. consumers this summer.
News categories: Telly, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen solution measures content viewing across all device types
May 3, 2023 – Nielsen has introduced Nielsen ONE Content Alpha, delivering measurement of content viewing across all device types. Nielsen ONE Content uses Gracenote ID for entertainment content identification.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Jon Turner, Roberto Ruiz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Roku and Instacart pair TV streaming data and online grocery delivery
Apr 26, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU) and Instacart have combined viewing data from Roku with insights from Instacart to measure whether streamers purchase products on Instacart after seeing an ad on the Roku platform.
News categories: Roku, Instacart, Alison Levin, Ali Miller, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Marketers are all-in on streaming despite questioning its effectiveness
Apr 26, 2023 – According to a report from Nielsen, 84% of marketers are including streaming in their media plannings, yet only 49% of survey respondents view OTT and CTV as effective advertising channels.
News categories: Nielsen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Media Distillery improves user experience at VodafoneZiggo
Apr 25, 2023 – Media Distillery has announced that VodafoneZiggo has implemented its EPG Correction Distillery to improve the user experience for its nearly 4 million video subscribers in the Netherlands.
News categories: Media Distillery, VodafoneZiggo, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Leo-Geert van den Berg, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
Nielsen's U.S. TV audience measurement receives MRC accreditation
Apr 17, 2023 – Nielsen has met Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation standards for its National TV Audience Measurement service, once again becoming the only such provider to be accredited by the MRC.
News categories: Nielsen, Media Rating Council, Karthik Rao, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen and Sinclair agree audience measurement renewal
Apr 12, 2023 – Nielsen has announced a multi-year renewal agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group (NASDAQ: SBGI) for Nielsen Local and National audience measurement services.
News categories: Nielsen, Sinclair, Catherine Herkovic, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen now reporting comparable metrics for local TV OTT apps
Apr 6, 2023 – Nielsen has begun reporting on local television's OTT streaming apps. By capturing audiences across both streaming and linear, broadcasters can understand the full reach of their content.
News categories: Nielsen, Catherine Herkovic, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
Mar 23, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced new planning tools and partnerships enabling brands to capitalize on Tubi's audience via enhanced forecasting, identity and currency options.
News categories: Tubi, Mark Rotblat, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
- ACCESS offers simple route for operators to add OTT TV services
- Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform