Digital TV News: Oi S.A.
Oi to transfer DTH subscribers and IPTV infrastructure to SKY Brasil
Apr 28, 2022 – Oi S.A. has executed a term sheet with SKY Serviços de Banda Larga (SKY) to transfer its DTH postpaid customer base and the use of its IPTV infrastructure and associated services to SKY, under a revenue sharing agreement.
News categories: Oi S.A., SKY Serviços, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
Oi investigates sale of its pay TV business
Aug 31, 2020 – Oi S.A. has informed its shareholders and the market in general, that it has initiated a market sounding process to prospect investors interested in acquiring its pay TV business.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite
Brazil's Oi to add TV Everywhere to quad-play service
Aug 11, 2015 – According to NexTVLatam, Oi, the largest telecommunications company in Brazil, has announced plans to add a TV Everywhere service to its Oi Play platform. Oi Play is a quad play service combining broadband, mobile and telephony with DTH satellite TV.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Broadcom enables Oi's live Ultra HD World Cup broadcasts in Brazil
Jul 1, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 system-on-a-chip (SoC) will power live broadcasts of the 2014 World Cup in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) by Oi, one of the leading operators in Brazil.
News categories: Broadcom, Oi S.A, Dan Marotta, Eduardo Aspesi, Brazil, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
BB-Business Bureau maps Americas pay TV after AT&T-DIRECTV merger
May 29, 2014 – BB-Business Bureau has combined its own primary Latin America information with especially collected US data to show the pay TV and broadband competitive landscapes after AT&T acquires DIRECTV.
News categories: BB-Business Bureau, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers
Brazil's Oi TV ends 2012 with 757,000 subscribers, up 116% YoY
Feb 18, 2013 – Oi S.A. has disclosed its results for the 4th quarter and year of 2012. The Pay TV segment recorded another quarter of strong growth, adding 153 thousand customers in the quarter (+25.3%) and 406 thousand in the year (+115.7%) to 757 thousand customers.
News categories: Oi S.A., Brazil, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data