Digital TV News: Open Mobile Video Coalition
New Mobile Digital TV Technologies, Innovative Demos Show Bright Future for America's TV Broadcasters
Apr 11, 2011 – During the 2011 NAB Show, broadcast industry executives will get their first glimpse at the latest Mobile DTV products now reaching retail stores as well as pioneering demonstrations of the flexible broadcast standard's future capabilities.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Mobile, NABShow, USA
OMVC Selects Neustar to Provide Secure and Reliable Infrastructure for Mobile Digital TV
Mar 9, 2011 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced it has selected Neustar to provide the Mobile DTV Trust Authority with the infrastructure necessary to deliver live, digital broadcast TV content to various mobile video-enabled devices.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Neustar, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Portable, Tablet, USA
ION Media Networks to Upgrade Top 10 Station Markets with Mobile TV Delivery in First Quarter 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – ION Media Networks has announced plans to upgrade its station markets in the first quarter 2011, enabling TV content to be transmitted to mobile devices in the nation's top 10 television markets.
News categories: ION Media, Mobile, USA
CEA Completes Third Successful 'PlugFest' for Advance Mobile DTV
Nov 24, 2010 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® has announced successful completion of the third 'ATSC Mobile DTV PlugFest'. PlugFest3 focused on promoting interoperability for Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Mobile, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
MaxLinear Tuners Used for ATSC-M/H Mobile TV Field Trials
Aug 31, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL111SF ICs are being used in mobile devices from Dell Inc. and Hauppauge Computer Works that were developed for the ATSC-M/H field trials now ongoing in Washington, D.C.
News categories: MaxLinear, Dell Inc, Hauppauge, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, USA
Mobile Digital TV Launch Gives Detroit Automakers Mobile Video Test Bed
Jun 3, 2010 – With the Detroit television market among the leaders in the nation now launching Mobile Digital Television (DTV), product development teams in the automobile industry now have a local resource for testing reception of Mobile DTV.
News categories: OMVC, In-Car, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Harris Helps Belo Corp. Launch Mobile Digital TV Broadcasting
Apr 21, 2010 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) is launching mobile digital TV transmission in the U.S.A. using the Harris MPH™ platform for ATSC Mobile DTV broadcast.
News categories: Harris, Belo Corp, Roundbox, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica