Digital TV News: Paramount Global
Paramount+ adds 4.1 million subscribers in 1Q 2023
May 4, 2023 – Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) has announced results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Paramount+ reached 60 million total subscribers with the addition of 4.1 million subscribers in the quarter.
News categories: Paramount Global, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Paramount+ added 9.9 million subscribers in Q4 2022
Feb 16, 2023 – Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2022. Paramount+ subscribers grew to nearly 56 million following a record quarterly increase of 9.9 million.
News categories: Paramount, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
Jan 23, 2023 – Fabric has acquired Internet Video Archive (IVA). The acquisition enables Fabric to provide greater value by instantly matching titles to IVA's library, and enabling the sharing of data across Fabric customers.
News categories: Fabric, Internet Video Archive, Rob Delf, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
Nov 24, 2022 – According to Mediavision's analysis of the Swedish streaming market, advertising financed free services are now the biggest category in terms of weekly reach, mainly driven by the social media platforms.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Sweden
Paramount+ adds more European countries
Oct 18, 2022 – Paramount+ will arrive in France on December 1, followed by Germany, Austria and Switzerland on December 8. Paramount+ will also launch on Sky platforms in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
News categories: Paramount, Marco Nobili, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, Switzerland
SkyShowtime rollout to begin in the Nordics on September 20th
Sep 5, 2022 – SkyShowtime will launch in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden on September 20th, before expanding into the Netherlands in Q4. The rollout will continue across Spain, Portugal, Andorra, and Central & Eastern Europe over the following months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden
Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
Jun 16, 2022 – Paramount+ has marked its entry to Asia with the launch of its streaming service in South Korea on the number-one K-content platform, TVING. Existing TVING subscribers can now stream Paramount+ content at no extra charge.
News categories: Paramount, TVING, Mark Specht, Jay Yang, Digital TV, Korea, Streaming
Pluto TV to launch with Corus in Canada this fall
Jun 8, 2022 – Corus (TSX: CJR.B) and Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) have announced that Pluto TV will launch in Canada this fall. Corus will be the ad representative for what is positioned to become one of the largest FAST services in the country.
News categories: Corus, Pluto TV, Paramount, Greg McLelland, Olivier Jollet, Advertising, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC