Digital TV News: Peloton
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Verizon trials +play entertainment hub
Mar 3, 2022 – Verizon customers will have exclusive access to +play, a platform that allows users to discover, purchase and manage some of their favorite subscriptions across entertainment, audio, gaming, fitness, music, lifestyle and more – all in one place.
News categories: Verizon, Manon Brouillette, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Peloton introduces 'Peloton Guide' TV fitness device
Nov 9, 2021 – Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON) has announced its first connected strength product, Peloton Guide. The AI-enabled device connects to televisions, providing Members with access to a suite of expert Instructors and the Peloton content library.
News categories: Peloton, Tom Cortese, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK, USA
Sky introduces Sky Glass streaming TV
Oct 7, 2021 – Sky has announced the launch of its Sky Glass streaming television. Sky Glass will be the only TV with Sky inside. With Sky Glass, subscribers can now get Sky TV over WiFi, with no satellite dish and no box.
News categories: Sky, Dana Strong, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
U.S. tech revenue to hit $487 billion in 2021
Jul 15, 2021 – According to the CTA, subscription video streaming services will see continued growth in demand in 2021. TV shipments will reach 45 million units, with NEXTGEN TV shipments up nearly sixfold to 2.1 million units.
News categories: CTA, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, USA
Simulmedia launches TV marketplace for Direct-to-Consumer marketers
Oct 31, 2018 – Simulmedia has launched a marketplace specifically designed for direct-to-consumer (D2C) marketers. For D2C brands, the marketplace will provide a single point of access into the massive reach of TV, with transparency on outcomes, fees, supplier media and data costs.
News categories: Simulmedia, Dave Morgan, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server