Digital TV News: Powerline Alliance
DLNA® Approves HomePlug AV and HD-PLC Powerline Networking for Increased Digital Home Connectivity
Mar 12, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), HomePlug Powerline Alliance and HD-PLC Alliance have announced that the HomePlug AV and HD-PLC powerline networking standards have been approved for incorporation into DNLA's Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, HomePlug Powerline Alliance, HD-PLC Alliance, Gateway, Router, Smart Home
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces AV2 Specification for Broadband Speeds over Powerline Wires
Jan 9, 2012 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced the availability of the HomePlug AV2 specification. This new HomePlug technology enables significant performance and coverage for broadband networking over powerline wires.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 – The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Gaming, Gateway, Home Server, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Broadcom Announces Industry's First 40nm Single Chip HomePlug® AV and IEEE 1901 Powerline Device
Sep 27, 2011 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first 40nm single chip monolithic Powerline Communications (PLC) SoC that is HomePlug® AV 1.1 certified and IEEE 1901 compliant.
News categories: Broadcom, BBWF, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
IPTV and Multi-room DVR Driving Growth for 'No-new-wire' Connectivity
Aug 16, 2010 – Though wireless is currently king in terms of home networking technologies, the use of wired solutions, particularly 'no-new-wires' e.g. HomePlug, HomePNA and MoCA, is on the rise and forecast to experience a boom over the next five years.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance enhances AV2 specification
Jul 28, 2010 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that its Technical Working Group (TWG) has made major advancements to the HomePlug AV2 specification, designed to meet the expanding requirements of the connected digital home.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
HomePlug Powerline Alliance Announces Milestones
Mar 22, 2010 – At the IPTV World Forum the HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced several key milestones. The organization has added nine companies to its roster, and is nearing the completion of its Green PHY (GP) specification for Smart Grid applications.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Video Exchange
HomePlug® Technology Incorporated into IEEE P1901 Standard Baseline
Dec 22, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that the IEEE P1901 Working Group approved proposals including key HomePlug technology as the baseline for an IEEE powerline communications standard.
News categories: HomePlug® Powerline Alliance, IEEE P1901 Working Group, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Intellon's Technology, the Baseline for HomePlug 1.0, Integrated into New TIA-1113 International Standard by Telecommunications Industry Association
May 29, 2008 – Intellon (Nasdaq: ITLN) has applauded the decision by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) to incorporate HomePlug 1.0 powerline technology into its newly published TIA-1113 international standard.
News categories: Intellon, Telecommunications Industry Association, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max