Digital TV News: Sigma Designs
ISSI acquires wired connectivity business of Sigma Designs
Feb 7, 2018 – Integrated Silicon Solution (ISSI) has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Sigma Designs under which ISSI will acquire Sigma Designs Israel S.D.I. Ltd., a leader in G.hn and home connectivity solutions.
News categories: ISSI, Sigma Designs, KY Han, Nadav Katsir, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sigma Designs begins wind-down of Smart TV and STB business
Jan 23, 2018 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it will now only sell its Z-Wave business to Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB). Sigma Designs intends to initiate a plan of liquidation following the closing of the asset transaction.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Silicon Labs, Thinh Tran, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Silicon Labs to acquire Sigma Designs
Dec 7, 2017 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have announced a definitive agreement under which Silicon Labs will acquire Sigma Designs for $7.05 per share in a cash transaction valued at approximately $282 million.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Sigma Designs, Tyson Tuttle, Thinh Q. Tran, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sigma Designs announces Smart TV business restructuring
Oct 11, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced restructuring activities intended to refocus its operating expenses and accelerate the return to profitability. The actions will focus on streamlining the company’s Connected Smart TV Platforms business.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Thinh Tran, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Telechips and Sigma Designs terminate their cooperation agreement
Aug 25, 2017 – Telechips and Sigma Designs have mutually agreed to terminate their joint cooperation agreement for the development and marketing of a common line of chipsets. Instead, Telechips licensed the key technologies provided by Sigma to aggressively pursue STB market opportunities.
News categories: Telechips, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Licensing, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche Bank Securities to advise Sigma Designs on strategic alternatives
Jul 26, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) has engaged Deutsche Bank Securities to assist in its exploration of strategic alternatives that may enhance stockholder value. Sigma has been carefully reviewing all of its product lines to determine which offer the best synergistic fit with its long-term growth plans.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Deutsche Bank, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Sigma Designs to offer HDR10+ in STV7803/4 UHD HDR chipsets
Jul 13, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that universal HDR chipsets STV7803 and STV7804 will now support HDR10+. Samsung recently introduced the open standard for HDR video that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Samsung, Alfred Chan, Kyoungwon Lim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
Jun 22, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Japan’s largest telco corporation, KDDI, uses Z-Wave as the wireless mesh technology powering their smart home solution, au HOME , designed specifically for network operators.
News categories: Sigma Designs, KDDI, Raoul Wijgergangs, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart Home
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA