Digital TV News: Simplestream
Simplestream enters alliance with Globecast
Aug 30, 2023 – Simplestream has announced an alliance with Globecast, kicking off with the launch of OTT services for GAAGO - the Gaelic Athletic Association and RTÉ sports subscription channel.
News categories: Simplestream, Globecast, Lewis Arthur, Steve MacMurray, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, Worldwide
National World taps Simplestream to launch Shots! TV channel
Aug 15, 2023 – National World has chosen Simplestream to provide the tech stack for the launch of Shots!, a new TV brand. Simplestream deployed its Channel Studio to create the Shots! TV channel in the cloud.
News categories: Simplestream, National World, Josh Harrington, Alan Renwick, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Simplestream powers QVC channels on Sky Glass and Sky Stream
Jul 18, 2023 – QVC has launched its linear TV channels on Sky Glass and Sky Stream. QVC chose Simplestream to power live stream encoding, playout and distribution for the channels.
News categories: Simplestream, QVC, Sky, Ashley Horne, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Simplestream deploys Livestream Scheduler at Optik TV
Jun 14, 2023 – TELUS has enhanced its Optik TV Livestreaming offering with Simplestream. Livestream Scheduler from Simplestream provides the ability to manage live programming via a web-based UI.
News categories: Simplestream, TELUS, Josh Harrington, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Simplestream powers Islam Channel streaming service
Jul 15, 2021 – Islam Channel has chosen to partner with Simplestream to expand its live and on-demand streaming service. The new service is built on Simplestream's App Platform and allows audiences to access content on multiple devices.
News categories: Simplestream, Islam Channel, Josh Harrington, Mohamed Harrath, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
Simplestream selected to power GB News OTT services
Jul 13, 2021 – Simplestream has been selected by recently launched British TV news channel, GB News, to power a range of OTT services. The digital offering complements the service’s traditional linear TV distribution strategy.
News categories: Simplestream, GB News, Dan Finch, Marc Schipper, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
V-Nova partners with Simplestream for Pan-African streaming service MVMO
Sep 11, 2019 – V-Nova is the key enabler for a streaming service, MVMO, due to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service will combine the V-Nova P+ codec-agnostic enhancement with Simplestream's streaming platform to deliver content throughout the continent.
News categories: V-Nova, Simplestream, Creative Africa Exchange, Guido Meardi, Dan Finch, Sandra Iyawa, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Simplestream powers Channel 4's Parasport and 2020 Paralympics online service
Sep 2, 2019 – Simplestream has built an accessible video platform and responsive website for Channel 4’s online coverage of Para Sport and Tokyo 2020 Paralympics. The service is provisioned to handle multiple live concurrent streams, on-demand video and includes adaptive bitrate encoding (ABR) for up to 10 profiles.
News categories: Simplestream, Channel 4, Dan Finch, Pete Andrews, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, UK
Simplestream launches its first 4K SVOD service with Blue Ant Media
Apr 4, 2019 – Simplestream has announced that its VOD-in-a-Box platform has been selected by Blue Ant Media to power its wildlife and nature 4K SVOD service, Love Nature 4K. It will be the first 4K video service designed, built and launched by Simplestream.
News categories: Simplestream, Blue Ant Media, Dan Finch, Greg Kampanis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024
- KC Global Media launches HD FAST channel on JioTV and JioTV+
- Telstra Broadcast Services and BT pool media network footprints
- Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
- MainConcept launches live encoder with VVC and LCEVC