Digital TV News: Sky Player
Sky TV Goes Online and Mobile for all 10 million customers
Jun 10, 2011 – From next month, all Sky TV customers will have the opportunity to watch BSkyB (LSE:BSY) channels and programmes on PCs, laptops, mobiles and tablets at no extra charge.
News categories: BSkyB, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Tablet, UK
Humax TV Portal Launches with ANT Galio Platform
Feb 9, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) has launched its new TV Portal using the ANT Galio Platform. An automatic over-the-air update ran from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th February to all Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD set-top boxes in the UK.
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Humax selects ANT Galio Platform to deliver Sky Player
Sep 13, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) has selected ANT to deliver a Sky Player implementation for use with its Freeview HD products. ANT's implementation of the Sky Player was developed in collaboration with BSkyB (LSE:BSY).
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Sky Player, Freeview, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Verimatrix Announces Support of Microsoft PlayReady DRM for VCAS 3.0 MultiRights Solution
Sep 13, 2010 – Verimatrix has announced that it has licensed Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) PlayReady Server technology in order to provide integrated MultiRights™ support for devices that support Microsoft PlayReady digital rights management (DRM).
News categories: Verimatrix, PlayReady, Content Protection, DRM, IBC2019, OTT
3view Launches Hybrid Digital/IPTV HD PVR Set Top Box with MaxLinear DVB-T2 Tuner
Aug 9, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and 3view have announced a joint collaboration on the 3view HD Digital TV Recorder, a hybrid IPTV and DVB-T2 set top box.
News categories: MaxLinear, 3view, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
BSkyB adds another 429,000 HD customers in 2Q10
Jul 29, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced results for the twelve months ended 30 June 2010. BSkyB added 429,000 net HD customers in the quarter, bringing twelve month cumulative growth to 1.6 million.
News categories: BSkyB, Ireland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB adds another 428,000 HD customers in 1Q10
Apr 29, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced results for the nine months ended 31 March 2010. In the quarter, Sky saw net additions of 62,000 taking its total customer base to 9.770 million. Gross customer additions were 304,000 for the period.
News categories: BSkyB, DVR, Ireland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
Sky Player Continues Online Expansion with Humax Deal
Apr 14, 2010 – The BSkyB (LSE:BSY) online TV service is soon to launch across Humax's new range of IP-enabled digital boxes for Freeview HD. This includes the already launched Humax HD-FOX T2, and an HD digital TV recorder planned for the coming months.
News categories: BSkyB, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Sky Player to launch on internet connected TVs and more hybrid Freeview STBs
Mar 25, 2010 – Sky Player, BSkyB's online TV service, is to launch on a range of new internet connected TVs and set-top boxes following agreements with Cello, a manufacturer of LCD TVs, and 3View, a provider of hybrid DTT and IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: BSkyB, 3View, Cello, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation