Digital TV News: Sky Television
New Zealand Sky TV subscribers down 8,707 in 2H 2014
Feb 23, 2015 – New Zealand Sky Television (NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2014. Sky finished the year with 856,348 subscribers, down 8,707 subscribers compared to the end of June. MY SKY penetration increased from 58.6% to 64.2% of satellite subscribers during the year.
News categories: Sky Television, John Fellet, Middleware, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Subscribers
Sky TV New Zealand to launch NEON SVOD service in December
Oct 24, 2014 – New Zealand's SKY Television (NZX: SKT) has announced launch details for NEON, its subscription video on demand (SVOD) service. NEON will offer TV series, movies, factual entertainment, documentaries and family viewing from December.
News categories: SKY Television, NEON, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
Sky to be available on Telecom Italia Ultrabroadband network
Apr 10, 2014 – Sky Italia and Telecom Italia have signed an agreement that will allow Telecom Italia customers to access the whole Sky television offer through its ultrabroadband networks, with a My Sky HD decoder specially created for Internet TV.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Sky Italia, Marco Patuano, Andrea Zappia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Italy, Set Top Box
SKY New Zealand reports results for the six months to 31 December 2012
Feb 22, 2013 – New Zealand's SKY Network Television Limited (ASX: SKT; NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2012. SKY Television ended 2012 with 827,445 DBS satellite subscribers, up from 826,125 at the end of 2011.
News categories: SKY Television, DVR, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Cable Still King of Pay-TV, but Satellite and IPTV Poised for Takeover
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its latest Pay-TV Services and Subscribers report. The global pay-TV market, including cable, satellite, and IPTV video services, totaled $261 billion in 2011 and is forecast to grow to $371 billion by 2016.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
IGLOO Partners with Irdeto to Launch New TV Offering
Jun 20, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that IGLOO, a new television offering launched as a joint venture between SKY and TVNZ, has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver premium content over the new TV service.
News categories: Irdeto, IGLOO, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, Terrestrial
General Satellite Signs Memorandum of Understanding with Partner from Sri Lanka
Oct 7, 2011 – General Satellite and Sky Television & Radio Network have signed the Memorandum of Understanding to create a Joint Project in Sri Lanka. The Project is to become the largest Pay TV operator in the country, available across the whole island.
News categories: General Satellite, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
New Zealand to expand Freeview|HD coverage
Mar 27, 2011 – New Zealand's Broadcasting Minister has announced that Freeview|HD will be available to an extra 160,000 homes as it extends the DTT service to Whangarei, Rotorua, Gisborne, Taupo, New Plymouth, Whanganui, Wairarapa, Nelson, Timaru and Invercargill.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Content Distribution, New Zealand, Terrestrial
New Zealand's SKY Television confirms ISP partners for new online TV service, iSKY
Sep 29, 2010 – New Zealand's SKY Television has confirmed that it has partnered with Vodafone, Orcon, Slingshot, Woosh, Xnet and Farmside to create un-metered broadband plans for its new online TV service, iSKY.
News categories: SKY Television, iSKY, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June