Digital TV News: Sling TV
Cadent launches cross-screen addressable TV marketplace
Jul 14, 2021 – Cadent has launched a cross-screen self-service platform for buyers and sellers of addressable TV advertising. Cadent Aperture Platform provides a marketplace that includes CTV, OTT, and addressable STB inventory.
News categories: Cadent, DISH Media, Nick Troiano, Kevin Arrix, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,895,000 subscribers in 1Q 2021
May 19, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) hasfound that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,895,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,955,000 in 1Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 230,000 in 1Q 2021
Apr 29, 2021 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending March 31, 2021. Net Pay-TV subscribers decreased approximately 230,000 in the quarter. The company closed with 11.06 Pay-TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Comscore expands DISH Media agreement to include Sling TV
Apr 22, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has extended its deal with DISH Media to include Sling TV. The agreement continues to include cross-platform measurement of advanced advertising and content via Comscore TV products.
News categories: Comscore, DISH Media, Sling TV, Bill Livek, Kevin Arrix, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Pandemic gives watch parties foothold in the U.S.
Mar 30, 2021 – A study by The Diffusion Group has found that one-in-seven adult SVOD users cowatched an online TV show or movie with friends or family during the pandemic - a trend that began in March 2020.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Lauren Kozak, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
Mar 4, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 5,120,000 net video subscribers in 2020, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 4,795,000 in 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
Feb 22, 2021 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has results for the quarter ending December 31, 2020. Net pay TV subscribers decreased approximately 133,000 in the period. The company closed with 11.29 million pay TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Magnite to acquire SpotX from RTL
Feb 5, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has agreed to acquire SpotX from RTL Group for $1.17 billion. Together, the companies will create the largest independent CTV and video advertising platform in the programmatic marketplace.
News categories: Magnite, SpotX, RTL Group, Michael Barrett, Mike Shehan, Thomas Rabe, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Internet playing even more dominant role in US entertainment consumption
Dec 10, 2020 – The second wave of Hub's 'Predicting the Pandemic' study shows how the pandemic has accelerated the well-established shift to online consumption of entertainment content across multiple facets of the leisure economy.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership