Digital TV News: Sony Pictures Network
SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
Jul 9, 2020 – NetRange and SonyLIV have announced that Indian users of the NetRange Smart TV App Store can now access the SonyLIV app on their Smart TVs, enabling SonyLIV to expand its consumer base in India.
News categories: NetRange, SonyLIV, Tim Schröder, Apps, India, OTT, Smart TV, UX
SonyLIV selects Intertrust's cloud-based multi-DRM
May 6, 2020 – Intertrust’s cloud-based multi-DRM service, ExpressPlay DRM, has been selected by SonyLIV to protect content streaming and downloads on all devices. The partnership covers all channels and entertainment programming on the SonyLIV platform.
News categories: Intertrust, SonyLIV, Talal G. Shamoon, Manish Verma, Digital TV, DRM, India, OTT
SonyLIV to be available on CloudWalker Smart TVs in India
Oct 4, 2019 – SonyLIV has tied up with CloudWalker to offer its content library on the latter's Smart TV devices. Starting October 2019, content from the repertoire of SonyLIV will be available on a range of CloudWalker Smart TVs redefining big screen entertainment for Indian families.
News categories: SonyLIV, CloudWalker, Uday Sodhi, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
SonyLIV releases 'State of Digital Entertainment 2018' report
Jan 25, 2019 – SonyLIV has unveiled its ‘State of Digital Entertainment 2018’ report. Reflecting the digital takeover that grasped India last year, this report shares detailed insights on digital video consumption, user patterns and audience demographics.
News categories: Sony Pictures Networks, Uday Sodhi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Amagi provides targeted OTT dynamic ad insertion for SonyLIV
Sep 12, 2018 – Amagi has announced that SonyLIV is using its THUNDERSTORM cloud-based platform for targeted OTT dynamic ad insertion. Amagi will help monetize premium general entertainment and movie channels on the SonyLIV OTT platform.
News categories: Amagi, Sony Pictures Networks India, Deepakjit Singh, Uday Sodhi, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, India, OTT
Brightcove powers OTT video delivery for SonyLIV
May 6, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that it is powering SonyLIV, the premium OTT streaming service by Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN). Launched in 2013, SonyLIV was the first OTT streaming service in India.
News categories: Brightcove, SonyLIV, Ben Morrell, Uday Sodhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT
Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
Mar 15, 2018 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced that SonyLIV provided multi-screen engagement to users on all devices, using Akamai's Dynamic Ad Insertion capabilities during the India-South Africa cricket series held over January and February 2018.
News categories: Akamai, Sony Pictures Network, SonyLIV, Sidharth Pisharoti, Uday Sodhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, OTT
SonyLIV selects CleverTap analytics and engagement platform
Jun 1, 2017 – CleverTap has announced that Sony Pictures Networks India has selected the company’s real-time behavioral data and user insights platform for its SonyLIV video on demand (VOD) service. Sony will leverage CleverTap to gain greater understanding of its users.
News categories: CleverTap, Sony Pictures Networks, Sunil Thomas, Uday Sodhi, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0