Digital TV News: TELUS
Verimatrix and Telus to show Optik TV piracy protections at IBC
Sep 5, 2023 – At IBC, Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) will showcase how Verimatrix Streamkeeper was integrated with the next generation of TELUS’ Optik TV platform to create an advanced video delivery platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, TELUS, Geartech Technologie, Sofia Regojo, Maria Malinkowitsch, Tom Linder, Canada, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2023, IPTV
National World taps Simplestream to launch Shots! TV channel
Aug 15, 2023 – National World has chosen Simplestream to provide the tech stack for the launch of Shots!, a new TV brand. Simplestream deployed its Channel Studio to create the Shots! TV channel in the cloud.
News categories: Simplestream, National World, Josh Harrington, Alan Renwick, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Simplestream deploys Livestream Scheduler at Optik TV
Jun 14, 2023 – TELUS has enhanced its Optik TV Livestreaming offering with Simplestream. Livestream Scheduler from Simplestream provides the ability to manage live programming via a web-based UI.
News categories: Simplestream, TELUS, Josh Harrington, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
TELUS introduces next generation of Optik TV
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS has introduced a new Optik TV set-top box with added features including personalized profiles, universal search, voice remote and access to apps through the Google Play Store.
News categories: TELUS, Dwayne Benefield, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
TELUS working with Accenture on next-gen entertainment platform
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS (NYSE: TU) has teamed up with Accenture (NYSE: ACN) to launch a platform for TV and OTT content. Future plans for the platform include technologies such as 5G, IoT and intelligent automation.
News categories: Accenture, TELUS, Andrew Marchant, Amit Nag, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
3SS partners with TELUS to power Android TV service
Mar 7, 2023 – 3SS has partnered with TELUS to launch the next-generation of the TELUS entertainment service, based on Android TV. TELUS chose 3SS' 3Ready Product Framework to provide the customized UX.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, t4h, VANTIVA, TELUS, Brian Jentz, Greg Riker, Graça Candido, Mercedes Pastor, Tim Fell, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Telus adds 17,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2022
Feb 9, 2023 – TELUS Corporation has released results for the fourth quarter of 2022. In the quarter, the company added 17,000 TV customer connections to finish at more than 1.3 million, a growth of 4.7% over the year.
News categories: TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
Feb 1, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics grew aggressively in 2022 with revenue growth of 30% year on year. New customer signings included Bell Canada, BritBox, Crunchyroll, Telus, Sony Pictures, Magyar Telekom, and MBC Group.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Eddie Young, Greg Riker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, UX, Worldwide
TELUS to deploy CommScope service management platform
Mar 29, 2022 – CommScope will provide TELUS with its cloud-based ECO Service Management Platform to manage the service providers's connected home CPE. The platform automates the management and control of CommScope and third-party CPE devices.
News categories: CommScope, TELUS, Charles Cheevers, Tim Fell, Canada, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126