Digital TV News: TSTV
TStv Africa acquires MYTV
Aug 12, 2021 – TStv has reached an agreement with Strong Technology for the migration of MYTV customers on SRT 497S-HEVC decoders to TStv Africa. MY TV will cease broadcasting on September 1, 2021.
News categories: TStv Africa, Strong Technology, My TV Africa, Dr. Bright Echefu, Digital TV, MandA, Nigeria, Satellite, Set Top Box
TSTV to launch DTH TV on ABS-3A at 3°W in Nigeria
Jun 28, 2017 – ABS and Telcom Satellites TV (TSTV) have signed a multi-transponder agreement to deliver a Direct-to-Home (DTH) broadcast service into Nigeria on ABS-3A. The new platform is scheduled to be launched on 25th July 2017.
News categories: ABS, TSTV, Tom Choi, Bright Echefu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
MTS launches satellite TV in Russia
Nov 12, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE: MBT] in partnership with Sistema Mass Media (SMM) [LSE: SSA] has announced the launch of satellite TV services under the MTS brand throughout Russia. MTS will offer subscribers 160 TV channels.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vasyl Latsanych, Vitaly Studitskikh, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Ericsson Empowers New TV Experiences at IP&TV World Forum
Mar 21, 2011 – At IP&TV World Forum 2011, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will demonstrate its end-to-end television solutions - from content management, packaging and delivery to the ultimate user experience on the consumer's screen of choice.
News categories: Ericsson, Content Distribution, Video Exchange
Chongqing Cable TV Launches On-Demand TV Services With Espial MediaBase
Oct 6, 2009 – Espial® (TSX: ESP) has announced that Chongqing Cable TV Network has selected Espial MediaBase to power their on-demand services. Chongqing Cable TV is located in the southwest of China and provides TV services to 4.2 million subscribers.
News categories: Espial, Chongqing Cable, Huawei, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware
TANDBERG Showcases Dynamic Ad Insertion Within a Time-Shifted TV Program
Mar 30, 2009 – At both The Cable Show and NAB, TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) will showcase the industry's first technology demonstration of dynamic ad insertion and ad swapping into live, time-shifted program streams.
News categories: TANDBERG Television, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform