Digital TV News: TVNZ
Freeview NZ extends FreeviewPlus to satellite
Apr 21, 2016 – Freeview New Zealand rolls out FreeviewPlus on their satellite platform. Available since July 2015 to those living in Freeview|HD coverage areas, and requiring a UHF aerial, FreeviewPlus can now also be accessed via satellite dish.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Sam Irvine, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
FreeviewPlus launches in New Zealand
Jul 1, 2015 – Freeview has launched a new digital TV platform designed to give New Zealanders easy access to on-demand video services on their TVs - FreeviewPlus. FreeviewPlus uses HbbTV to enable integration of broadcast TV and on-demand services.
News categories: Freeview NZ, TVNZ, MediaWorks, Māori TV, Sam Irvine, Kevin Kenrick, Mark Weldon, Paora Maxwell, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Enhanced TVNZ OnDemand launches with Brightcove
Feb 24, 2015 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that TVNZ has relaunched its on-demand video service, TVNZ OnDemand, powered by the Brightcove Video Cloud online video platform. The new TVNZ OnDemand features enhanced support for viewing across desktops, iOS and Android apps and Samsung Smart TV devices.
News categories: Brightcove, TVNZ, Mark Blair, Jason Foden, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, New Zealand, Streaming
Vodafone New Zealand unveils ultra fast broadband TV service
Oct 4, 2013 – Vodafone has unveiled New Zealand’s first, and only, full TV service using the new ultra fast broadband network. Vodafone TV gives customers a choice of Freeview|HD or SKY channels and 36 channels of pay per view movies, including recent releases, in HD.
News categories: Vodafone, Matt Williams, John Fellet, Sam Irvine, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, New Zealand
SKY New Zealand reports results for the six months to 31 December 2012
Feb 22, 2013 – New Zealand's SKY Network Television Limited (ASX: SKT; NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2012. SKY Television ended 2012 with 827,445 DBS satellite subscribers, up from 826,125 at the end of 2011.
News categories: SKY Television, DVR, New Zealand, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Pace Delivers Building Blocks for Sky New Zealand's IGLOO
Jul 16, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the services and technology behind SKY New Zealand and TVNZ's new TV service, IGLOO. IGLOO will run Pace's Elements software platform on a Pace DVB-T2 DTT hybrid IP set-top box.
News categories: Pace plc, IGLOO, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
IGLOO Partners with Irdeto to Launch New TV Offering
Jun 20, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that IGLOO, a new television offering launched as a joint venture between SKY and TVNZ, has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver premium content over the new TV service.
News categories: Irdeto, IGLOO, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, Terrestrial
Igloo - TV By Kiwis For Kiwis
Dec 7, 2011 – SKY Television and TVNZ have formed a partnership to launch a DTT service, called Igloo, in the first half of 2012. Igloo includes all of New Zealand's free to air DTT channels with an option to purchase an additional 11 Igloo channels.
News categories: Igloo, SKY Television, TVNZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Sky and TVNZ to launch digital pay TV service in New Zealand
Nov 24, 2011 – SKY Television and Television New Zealand (TVNZ) have announced that they have formed a partnership to launch a new digital pay television service, delivering pay channels over SKYs digital terrestrial spectrum.
News categories: TVNZ, SKY Television, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform