Digital TV News: Telsur
Amino upgrades legacy STBs at GTD in Chile
Jul 3, 2017 – Amino has announced that GTD, one of Chile’s leading telecommunications companies, is the latest TV operator to deploy Amino ENABLE, its virtual STB software platform, enabling GTD to upgrade its STBs to extend their lifespan.
News categories: Amino, GTD, Donald McGarva, Cristian Tobar, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Telsur selects ATEME encoder for iOS streaming
Jul 29, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Telefonica del Sur (Telsur) has selected ATEME's TITAN Live to deliver a new streaming service for iOS devices and enhance video quality for its existing IPTV subscribers.
News categories: ATEME, Telsur, Cristian Raul Carcamo Gomez, Raoul Rivera, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Verimatrix Selected to Secure Telefonica del Sur's Digital IPTV Service
Apr 16, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Telsur of Chile has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 solution to secure its IPTV service. Telsur selected VCAS™ for IPTV as a replacement for its existing conditional access system (CAS).
News categories: Telefónica del Sur, Verimatrix, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box
IPTV operator Telefónica del Sur grows with Latens
Nov 4, 2009 – Latens has announced that Telefónica del Sur (Telsur) has over 25,000 IPTV subscribers. Latens software only Conditional Access (CAS) is integrated with Telsur's IPTV partners including Minerva for middleware and set top boxes from Amino.
News categories: Latens, Telsur, Chile, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Subscribers
Amino Powers First Wireless IPTV Connected Homes in Latin America
Oct 24, 2007 – Amino has announced that Telefonica del Sur (Telsur) in Chile has selected the AmiNET110 IPTV Set-Top Box (STB) to deliver pure IPTV services to thousands of its customers in the region.
News categories: Amino, Telefonica del Sur (Telsur), Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
First IPTV Service in Latin America Goes Wireless in the Home
Oct 8, 2007 – Ruckus Wireless has announced that it has been selected by Telefonica del Sur (TelSur), a leading provider of Internet-based multimedia and communication services in Chile, to supply its MediaFlex™ to support Latin America's first commercial IPTV service.
News categories: Ruckus Wireless, Telefonica del Sur, BBWF, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden