Digital TV News: The Walt Disney Company
StarHub to distribute Disney+ in Singapore
Jan 7, 2021 – StarHub has announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with The Walt Disney Company to become the official distributor of Disney+ in Singapore via StarHub’s TV, mobile and broadband offerings.
News categories: StarHub, Disney, Johan Buse, Amit Malhotra, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Singapore
Disney surpasses 137 million subscriptions for its D2C services
Dec 11, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company has revealed the next steps in its global streaming expansion with details on the future of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+, a first look at its upcoming global brand, Star, and previews of new content.
News categories: Disney, Bob Chapek, Bob Iger, Christine McCarthy, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Comcast to launch Disney+ and ESPN+ on Xfinity
Dec 10, 2020 – Comcast and The Walt Disney Company have announced that they have reached an agreement that includes the rights for Comcast to distribute the Disney+ and ESPN+ services on its Xfinity X1 and Flex platforms.
News categories: Comcast, Disney, Rebecca Heap, Michael Paull, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
Sep 15, 2020 – Disney+, the streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, has launched in Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Disney+ already has more than 60.5 million subscribers.
News categories: Disney+, Rebecca Campbell, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Sweden
Disney+ to launch in eight more European countries
Jun 23, 2020 – Disney has set 15th September as the launch date for Disney+ in eight markets (Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Belgium and Luxembourg) across Western and Northern Europe.
News categories: Disney, Apps, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Sweden
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
Disney+ on UK Samsung Smart TVs from 24th March
Mar 19, 2020 – Samsung Electronics UK has confirmed that from March 24th Disney+ will be offered on its Smart TVs released from 2016 onwards, either available for download from the app store or directly preinstalled on select models.
News categories: Samsung, Disney+, Guy Kinnell, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Movistar to be launch partner for Disney+ in Spain
Mar 8, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company Iberia and Telefónica have announced that Movistar will be the strategic distributor for Disney+ launch in Spain. Adding Disney's new streaming service builds upon a long-standing relationship between the companies.
News categories: Telefónica, Disney, Emilio Gayo, Jan Koeppen, Digital TV, OTT, Spain
Disney+ amasses nearly 29 million paid subscribers since launch
Feb 4, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company has announced that Disney+ had amassed 28.6 million paid subscribers, as of Monday, February 3. The service launched on November 12, 2019. Paid subscriber numbers for ESPN+ and Hulu were 7.6 million and 30.7 million, respectively.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Bob Iger, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand