Digital TV News: The Walt Disney Company
Disney+ now available via Ziggo
Dec 12, 2022 – VodafoneZiggo has announced that all films, series and documentaries from streaming service Disney+ are now available via Ziggo. Ziggo customers can find the Disney+ app in their Mediabox Next and Next Mini menus.
News categories: VodafoneZiggo, Disney, Robin Kroes, Bart Verhoeven, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
Dec 8, 2022 – Disney+ has made its ad-supported subscription offering available in the U.S. New subscription plans with ads across the Disney Bundle and Hulu + Live TV packages are also now available.
News categories: Disney, Disney Advertising, Michael Paull, Rita Ferro, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Disney adds 57 million D2C subscribers in year to October 1, 2022
Nov 8, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported results for the period ended October 1, 2022. Direct-to-Consumer revenues for the quarter increased 8% to $4.9 billion and operating loss increased $0.8 billion to $1.5 billion.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
Aug 2, 2022 – Foxtel and Disney have announced an agreement to integrate the Disney+ app on the STBs of Foxtel subscribers, boosting Foxtel's streaming aggregation strategy and bringing together the world's best content all in one place.
News categories: Foxtel, Disney, Amanda Laing, Kylie Watson-Wheeler, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Disney+ now available on webOS LG TVs in more countries
Jun 14, 2022 – The Disney+ app is now available on LG TVs in over forty new countries and territories across Africa, Europe and the Middle East. More LG TV owners can now enjoy Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star, as long as their TV runs webOS from 2017 or later.
News categories: LG Electronics, Disney Plus, Africa, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Smart TV, Streaming
7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
May 11, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported earnings for its second quarter ended April 2, 2022. The company increased its total streaming subscriptions to 205.6 million, with 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in the quarter.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
MultiChoice to bring Disney+ to South African DStv subscribers
Apr 25, 2022 – MultiChoice has announced that it will bring Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming service, Disney+, to DStv subscribers in South Africa. Disney+ will launch on 18 May 2022 and will be available to DStv subscribers via the Explora Ultra decoder.
News categories: MultiChoice, Walt Disney, Calvo Mawela, Christine Service, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
KPN offers Disney+, ESPN entertainment combination
Apr 21, 2022 – KPN has announced that its entertainment offer has been expanded with a unique combination of streaming service Disney+ and the ESPN-TV sports channels. As a result, customers can now add Disney+ to their entertainment package.
News categories: KPN, Disney, Jochem de Jong, Bart Verhoeven, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming
EDO secures $80m investment from Shamrock Capital
Apr 6, 2022 – EDO has announced the closing of an $80 million strategic growth investment from Shamrock Capital. The investment provides EDO with capital to scale its business in outcome measurement for Convergent TV.
News categories: EDO, Inc, Shamrock Capital, Edward Norton, Kevin Krim, Dr. Daniel Nadler, Laura Held, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution