Digital TV News: Viacom
Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
Sep 26, 2023 – Ateme has announced that it was behind the video and immersive audio experiences delivered in 17 languages by Viacom18 Media during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023.
News categories: Ateme, Viacom18 Media, Jibu Mathew, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
U-TO and Mangomolo partner on OTT platform for Asia and S. Africa
Aug 29, 2023 – Mangomolo has announced that t is partnering with U-TO Solutions to offer its full-service, end-to-end OTT video platform to the media and broadcast sector in Asia and South Africa.
News categories: Mangomolo, U-TO Solutions, Wissam Sabbagh, Dheeraj Lilani, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Streaming
Planetcast to showcase distribution technologies at NAB Show 2023
Apr 12, 2023 – Planetcast will feature its suite of products, from Cloud Playout to Media Asset Management (MAM) to Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) to Over-the-top (OTT) streaming at NAB 2023.
News categories: Planetcast, Switch Media, Sanjay Duda, Mark Johns, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Planetcast selected as IPL media services partner for 2023
Apr 4, 2023 – Planetcast has been selected by IPL rights winners Star Sports (domestic broadcast), Viacom18 (domestic OTT), and Times Internet (international) to deliver live competition coverage.
News categories: Planetcast, Sanjay Duda, Venugopal Iyengar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, NABShow, Worldwide
IndiaCast launches 'Desi Play TV' FAST channel with Amagi
Jan 6, 2023 – Amagi has announced that IndiaCast has partnered with it to launch Desi Play TV, a free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channel in HD on Sling in the US and Plex across the US, Canada, and Middle East regions.
News categories: Amagi, IndiaCast, Desi Play TV, Baskar Subramanian, Govind Shahi, Sachin Gokhale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, North America, Streaming
ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
Oct 3, 2022 – ContentBay has launched its global entertainment database, providing a way to explore, analyse, compare, share, and trade content, simply and securely.
News categories: ContentBay, Oliver Skelton, Dr Holger Enßlin, Christian Unterseer, Mike Jackson, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Paramount+ reveals global expansion plans
May 3, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) will launch in the UK and Ireland on 22 June 2022. Paramount+ will also launch in South Korea in June, with further launches planned in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria in 2H 2022.
News categories: Paramount, Raffaele Annecchino, Maria Kyriacou, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
Vivendi releases results for FY 2021
Mar 9, 2022 – Vivendi has released audited results for the year to December 31, 2021. At the end of 2021, Canal+ Group's total subscriber portfolio reached 23.7 million, compared to 22.1 million at the end of December 2020 on a pro forma basis.
News categories: Vivendi, Digital TV, France, Results, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data