Digital TV News: WASU
Alibaba and Disney to launch OTT TV service in China
Dec 15, 2015 – Alibaba Group and The Walt Disney Company have announced a multi-year license agreement for an over the top service (OTT) that for the first time connects customers, physical products and digital entertainment in China.
News categories: Disney, Alibaba, Luke Kang, Wei Ming, China, Digital TV, OTT
WASU content for IMAX-TCL Premium Home Theatre
Apr 16, 2014 – IMAX Corporation (NYSE: IMAX; TSX: IMX) and TCL Multimedia have announced a joint-venture partnership with Wasu Digital TV Media Group (WASU) as part of their IMAX TCL home theatre initiative.
News categories: TCL Multimedia, IMAX Corp, WASU, Richard L. Gelfond, Tomson Dongsheng Li, Qiang Cao, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
Motorola Android-Based Home Entertainment Device Launches with WASU in China
Sep 12, 2012 – WASU Digital Group has chosen Motorola Mobility's HMC3260 Android™-powered cloud computing device to provide a range of innovative cloud-based entertainment services to its customers.
News categories: Motorola, WASU, Apps, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Broadcom Introduces Entry Level HD Cable Set-Top Box Platform
Mar 20, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the availability of new 40nm HD cable set-top box (STB) systems-on-a-chip to meet the growing global demand for entry-level HD STB platforms.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SNL Kagan Report Shows China to Become Asia's Top Pay-TV Economy in 2011
Jun 22, 2011 – An analysis of China's pay-TV market by SNL Kagan finds that while China has long been the world's largest multichannel market in terms of subscribers, 2011 revenues of $7.5 billion are set to rank China as the top pay-TV market in Asia.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, China, IPTV, Market Research
China's Tri-networks Convergence Market Speeds Up
Feb 15, 2011 – CCID Consulting (HKSE:08235)'s latest report examines the development of China's emerging Tri-networks Convergence market. In July 2010, China's Ministry of Industry and Information released the list of pilot cities for Tri-networks Convergence.
News categories: CCID Consulting, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
Wasu and PCCW to cooperate on triple-play technology
Apr 19, 2010 – Wasu Digital TV Media and PCCW (SEHK:0008) have signed a letter of intent on triple-play technology co-operation, aimed at jointly promoting China's triple-play industry and developing application-based and operation-oriented technology.
News categories: PCCW, Wasu Group, China, Hong Kong, IPTV
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl