Digital TV News: Watcho
Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
Oct 11, 2019 – Dish TV India has launched an Android-based HD Set Top Box and a Voice enabled Alexa Built-in smart kit. The smart kit dongle allows subscribers to access OTT Apps and Alexa skills on their existing set top boxes.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Dish TV India deploys Broadpeak for its OTT service, Watcho
Sep 4, 2019 – Dish TV India has deployed Broadpeak's solutions for its OTT service, Watcho. Broadpeak's video delivery mediator and origin and packaging server enable Watcho to deliver 100+ channels and thousands of hours of library content to Android and iOS mobile devices.
News categories: Broadpeak, Dish TV India, Jacques Le Mancq, V. K Gupta, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, OTT
Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
Jun 19, 2019 – The Kaltura TV Platform is powering multiscreen access to linear, VOD and time-shifted TV plus third-party content for Dish TV India's OTT platform Watcho. The solution caters to evolving entertainment needs by continuously learning about viewers' content consumption habits.
News categories: Kaltura, Dish TV India, Horizon Broadcast, Ron Yekutiel, Anil Dua, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
Dish TV India adds 47,000 subscribers in 1Q 2019
May 24, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for its fourth quarter fiscal 2019 (to end-March 2019). The company added 47 thousand subscribers net during the quarter, to close with a subscriber base of 23.7 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Dish TV launches 'Watcho’ OTT app and forays into original content
Apr 25, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the launch of OTT app 'Watcho'. Watcho aims to offer content catering to young audiences across the country and not just Urban India. Dish TV is the first DTH company in India to launch a dedicated OTT platform with its own original content.
News categories: Dish TV India, Watcho, Anil Dua, Akash Tyagi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
Dish TV India adds 142,000 subscribers in 4Q 2018
Feb 5, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported third quarter fiscal 2019 results. The company added 142 thousand net new subscribers during the period to give a closing subscriber base of 23.6 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ