Digital TV News: Yahoo
Xperi to bring Yahoo content to BMW in-car screens
Oct 30, 2023 – Yahoo has partnered with Xperi (NYSE: XPER) to bring Yahoo video content to Xperi's DTS AutoStage Video Service, with first deployment on BMW 5 series cars and future BMW models.
News categories: Xperi, Yahoo, BMW, Jeff Jury, Lara Davis, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Vestel TiVo-powered Smart TVs expected for this year's holiday season
Aug 30, 2023 – At IFA 2023, Xperi (NYSE: XPER) will demonstrate its platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to engage their audience, regardless of whether it is through a smart TV or in the car.
News categories: Xperi, IDC, Jon Kirchner, Greg Ireland, Digital TV, IFABerlin, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Brightcove to power video streaming for Yahoo Inc.
Jul 31, 2023 – Yahoo is to integrate Brightcove's (NASDAQ: BCOV) technology platform across its portfolio of digital properties, powering the media and tech company's video streaming from end to end.
News categories: Brightcove, Yahoo Inc, Marc DeBevoise, Matt Sanchez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
LG Ad Solutions expands into the Canadian market
Jul 13, 2023 – LG Ad Solutions has expanded into the Canadian marketplace, at the same time releasing findings from a study of perceptions and behaviors related to CTV among Canadian consumers.
News categories: LG Ad Solutions, Jason Randall, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
May 31, 2023 – DISH Media has launched DISH Connected, a solution that allows DISH TV's live linear inventory to be programmatically executed, delivering real-time, targeted ads to DISH set-top boxes.
News categories: DISH Media, Kevin Arrix, Matt McLeggon, Verna De Jesus, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Yahoo extends targeting and measurement partnership with Samba TV
May 15, 2023 – Yahoo has announced a partnership with Samba TV to provide advertisers with an advanced TV solution for campaign targeting and measurement within the Yahoo DSP, across the UK and Canada.
News categories: Samba TV, Yahoo, David Barker, Elizabeth Herbst-Brady, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
NBCUniversal extends capabilities of One Platform technology stack
Feb 8, 2023 – NBCUniversal (NBCU) has unveiled expanded capabilities for its One Platform technology stack. NBCU is partnering industrywide to build an automated, interactive, and transparent future for fans, storytellers and marketers.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Steve Wozniak, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Yahoo partnership with DIRECTV Advertising expands to include STB data
Oct 17, 2022 – Yahoo has announced an expansion of its partnership with DIRECTV Advertising to include set-top box (STB) data. Yahoo is the only omnichannel DSP to have access to DIRECTV Advertising's STB data.
News categories: Yahoo, DIRECTV Advertising, Elizabeth Herbst-Brady, Amy Leifer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification