Digital TV News: Zixi
Streaming technology vendors pre-integrate workflows with Edgio
Sep 11, 2023 – Edgio, Accedo, Bitmovin, Grabyo and Vimond have announced an integration covering the entire streaming tech stack – from content production, personalization and distribution to UX and monetization.
News categories: Edgio, Accedo, Bitmovin, Grabyo, Vimond, Eric Black, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming
FOX deploys Zixi for affiliate contribution
Aug 15, 2023 – Zixi has announced that FOX Corporation has deployed Zixi for the initial delivery of the channels from their 190 local affiliates to their digital MVPD partners.
News categories: Zixi, FOX Corp, Gordon Brooks, Alastair Hamilton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, USA
TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
Jun 7, 2023 – MediaKind has announced that TV Globo's EPTV will deploy its edge video processing to deliver better quality, security and reliability for video contribution and distribution over the open internet.
News categories: MediaKind, Globo, Avicom, Juan Pizarro, José Francisco Valencia, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Synamedia launches pay-as-you-use SaaS video distribution platform
Apr 5, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled Quortex Link, a pay-as-you-use, self-service SaaS platform for video distribution. Quortex Link reduces the time and investment required to establish video distribution links.
News categories: Synamedia, Thomas Dellerue, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Streann Media integrates Zixi video over IP technology
Apr 4, 2023 – Zixi has announced that Streann Media has integrated Zixi's video over IP technology into its Smart OTT platform for content creators delivering live streams to connected devices.
News categories: Zixi, Streann Media, John Wastcoat, Giovanni Punzo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Spin Digital releases VVC/H.266 encoder and SDK for 4K and 8K live video
Feb 20, 2023 – Spin Digital has released new versions of its live encoder (Spin Enc Live v2.0) and Media SDK (Spin SDK v6.0) introducing support for real-time VVC encoding optimized for live streaming and broadcasting.
News categories: Spin Digital, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Ant Media integrates Zixi for real-time live streaming
Feb 7, 2023 – Zixi has announced the integration of its Software-Defined Video Platform (SDVP) with the Ant Media Server (AMS) live video streaming solution, enabling the ingest of live streams delivered using the Zixi protocol.
News categories: Zixi, Ant Media, John Wastcoat, Ahmet Oguz Mermerkaya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
Feb 2, 2023 – The DPP has published its annual predictions report. The report contains eight business focused predictions and explores themes that will dominate the media and broadcast agenda in the year ahead.
News categories: The DPP, Zixi, Mark Harrison, Gordon Brooks, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Spin Digital releases new version of live video encoder for 8K
Apr 19, 2022 – Spin Digital has announced the availability of a new version of its 8K HEVC live encoder. In this version, the HEVC encoder has been optimized to enable low-latency 8K streaming over the internet with very high quality.
News categories: Spin Digital, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Streaming, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029