Digital TV News: Zixi
Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
Jul 9, 2020 – Zixi has announced the integration of Zixi into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform, allowing content contributors and distributors to scale their video transport to hundreds of outlets around the world.
News categories: Zixi, Harmonic, John Wastcoat, Shahar Bar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
Jun 2, 2020 – Zixi has announced that Bloomberg TV+ is using Zixi 4K live transcode processing and delivery, making the digital news service available on desktop, tablet and mobile web devices. Bloomberg TV+ is also available on Samsung TV Plus.
News categories: Zixi, Bloomberg, Samsung, Gordon Brooks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Irdeto watermarking integrated with Zixi Software-Defined Video Platform
Apr 22, 2020 – Zixi has announced that Irdeto has integrated the Zixi Software-Defined Video Platform (SDVP) into Irdeto TraceMark, a cloud-based managed service that embeds a forensic watermark into the live content to identify the content distribution channel for broadcast security.
News categories: Zixi, Irdeto, John Wastcoat, Steeve Huin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Zixi partners with Red Bee Media for video delivery over IP
Apr 3, 2019 – Zixi has announced a partnership with Red Bee Media to enable distribution of video content over IP to Red Bee Media's customers worldwide. Every year, Red Bee Media delivers more than 4-million hours of programming in more than 60-languages for over 500 TV channels.
News categories: Zixi, Red Bee Media, John Wastcoat, Kristian Langbridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
RIST Forum promotes its internet video transport standard at NAB Show
Mar 25, 2019 – The RIST Forum has been established, with 21 founding companies, to promote the Reliable Internet Stream Transport (RIST), an interoperable and royalty free standard for low-latency video transport over unmanaged networks for contribution and distribution applications.
News categories: RIST Forum, Jacob Kinsey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
GINX Esports TV relies on Zixi for channel distribution over IP
Feb 25, 2019 – Zixi has announced that GINX Esports TV has adopted the Zixi Platform for secure delivery over IP of its live Esports coverage. GINX Esports TV offers linear channels to the UK, France, South Africa, USA, Canada and several international cable operators.
News categories: Zixi, GINX, Michael Poppler, Sebastian Gomez, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT, South Africa, UK, USA
Wurl partners with Zixi to move cable TV channels to the internet
Apr 23, 2017 – The Wurl TV Network and Zixi have announced a partnership to use Zixi’s streaming platform to distribute Wurl’s TV programming to cable and OTT video services.
News categories: Wurl TV, Zixi, Sean Doherty, Chris Noe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Industry Players Unite to Promote MPEG-DASH Adaptive Streaming
Feb 22, 2012 – A group of technology leaders has announced the creation of the DASH Promoters Group, a new organization dedicated to driving the broad adoption of MPEG's DASH (dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP) standard, which was ratified in November 2011.
News categories: DASH Promoters Group, OTT
HaiVision and Zixi Transmit First Low-Latency HD (1080i) Over Public Internet
Feb 11, 2009 – HaiVision Systems and Zixi have announced the first successful broadcast of live HD video over the public Internet. The broadcasts were transmitted from the Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) in New York City.
News categories: HaiVision, Zixi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025